Chapter Twenty Three

You guys are amazing. All the comments on the last chapter, oh my gah. Where were all y'all hiding?! All of y'alls questions and assumptions shall be answered in this chapter, well I think. Comment, vote, add this to y'alls libraries. All that good stuff. Love you little niggas. I'm about to smoke, peace.

- Keiana

Chapter Twenty Three

Christopher Maurice Brown

“I still can’t believe I met your dad today. I didn’t expect you to want to bring me home to meet daddy.” Dylan laughed as we sat in the backseat of my Challenger.

“Of course I’d want you to meet my dad. You’re my baby, duh.” I laughed and Dylan lightly hit my chest.

“I’m your baby huh?” She whispered against my neck and licked one of my tattoos.

“Mhmm.” I nodded.

“Kiss me like I’m your baby then nigga.” Dylan laughed and pulled away from me. Hey, she asked for it.

I practically attacked Dylan and pinned her to the seats, my lips everywhere that she let me put them. We sat in the back making out until the windows fogged up and the car got too hot.

“Okay, I need a shower. I’ll talk to you later. I love you.” She smiled and opened up the back door and hopped out.

“I love you too.” That shit never got old to say.

I pulled out of her driveway and headed back to my house. I was so happy to have my dad back home, even if it was only for a few weeks. I hadn't lived with my dad since my senior year started. He'd put money in my bank account every week for me to go grocery shopping and pay whatever bills needed to be paid. I was eighteen, so there was no problem with me living by myself, but it got lonely.

Yeah my friends were there almost every day, but sometimes I just wanted my dad to be there. Rooting me on with my basketball games, teaching me life lessons, cooking for me, and just being there. I hadn’t had that shit since my mom dipped out.

Twenty minutes later I padded into the foyer of the house. My dad and Vashtie were sitting on the couch cuddled up. She seemed nice, but I didn’t really know her, so I couldn’t really be sure. I didn’t know how long she’d be around, ‘cause my dad didn’t keep bitches around for longer than a few months.

“Wassup boy? You wanna go hoop tomorrow?” My dad asked me from the living room as I passed by it to get to the kitchen.

“Yeah, that sounds cool.” I smiled and headed into the kitchen to get a snack. Even though Dylan and I surprisingly didn’t smoke I had the munchies.

“Hey Chris, can I talk to you?” Vashtie’s small voice asked from behind me. I had a mouthful of gummy worms in my mouth so I just nodded.

“I know we don’t really know each other that well, but I want that to change. I really care about your dad, and I care about you too.”

I’d heard this speech way too much to believe it, so I just smiled and nodded my head.