Part 7: Awoken

May POV: the next day I was wakened up by something moving. I look up and see Lydia awake smiling down at me.

"You're awake!"

"No need to shout"

"Sorry"

At my shouting mom woke up. She kept up and hugged Lydia.

"I was so worried " she said whilst crying.

A nurse came in and ran a few tests with Lydia. It was the same nurse who calmed me down last night. She is really nice.

When the nurse leaves our dad comes in. I can already tell this won't be good.

"Lydia I see you're finally awake."

"Yes" is all she replies.

"Well aren't you going to be more welcoming like : hi dad I haven't seen you in ages. I missed you so much. I love you."

"Well our mother told us not to lie or talk to strangers." I but in.

With my remark my mother sniggers whilst my dad sends me a warning look. I just glare in return.

"I wanted to see how my daughter is doing after she was attacked."

"Yeah, only after she was attacked. Not the past 6 years!" Lydia shouted on third person.

I stand up and make my way over to the nice nurse from last night.

"Hi can you do me a favour. My dad just came in and he hasn't came near us in six years. He is causing lots of arguments and I'm scared it will get my mother and sisters blood pressure up. Do you mind telling him to leave."

"No problem sweetie." She says whilst going over and getting my dad to leave. I go over to Lydia and give her a hug.

I then notice stiles outside Lydia's room. It's a shame. He only sees Lydia but he doesn't realise that my best friend Erica likes him and it's a shame.

I walk around in but get taken back out by a nurse saying that she was going for a shower right now and that I should go home and have one too. I agree and follow my mum outside. My only thought is that this was officially the worst prom ever.