Part 9

I was distraught and they had to phone my mom to pick me up. The car ride was silent beside the radio. I didn't dare look at my mom. Why didn't she tell me. When we got to the house I ignored her at went to my room. I started drawing a picture of Lydia before she was attacked. I was interrupted when the phone rang. I only got one side of the conversation.

Hello

Yes this is Natalie Martin

Are you serious

I'll be down as quickly as possible

Thank you

"May. Get a pair of shoes on and come down quickly. They found Lydia "

They found Lydia

I grab the nearest shoes and run down the stairs. Me and my mom race out to the car. Once again the car ride was silent. But the silence was caused by shock. The shock that Lydia is safe. When we reach the police department I run in. I see Lydia sitting with just a jacket.

"Lydia!" I shout

"May!"

We then give each other a hug.

"I thought I lost you lyds"

"You'll never loose me."

--------——-——————

The next day I get ready for school. This will be hard for Lydia. As usual she goes over to her friend Allison. Erica won't be in after what happened yesterday. I go up to my locker. I look about to see if Isaac is there. I can't see him but I see Boyd.

"Hey Boyd."

"Hey may."

"What are you in first"

"Biology. What are you in"

"Physics . Sorry Boyd but I have to go and see how Lydia's coping but we can meet up at lunch is that okay."

"That's fine. See you later may."

"Bye."

I walk over to see Lydia at her locker.

"Hey."

"Hey." Her and Allison reply.

"Are you okay Lydia."

"Come on may I can cope with anything."

"Okay but I got to head to physics but I will see you later."

Barely anyone is in this class. Only the smart people who picked physics. The class went by quickly and so did my other ones. The problem happened at lunch.

I met Boyd at his locker and we went into the cafeteria whilst laughing about how his little brother started a food fight last night. We go in and sit at the usual table. Everything is loud and fine when suddenly the cafeteria goes silent. I look at Boyd and see he is staring at the doorway. I turn around and see who it is.

Erica.

But it doesn't look like her. She goes and takes someone's apple then leaves the room. I get up straight away and follow her.

"Erica!" I shout

"Erica!"

She just keeps ignoring me. I hear two other sets of footsteps behind me. I keep running. She exits the building and goes in to the guy from the hospitals car. I look behind me to see Scott McCall and stiles Stilinski. Erica smirks at them but then completely ignores me. The car takes off and I run inside. I go straight to the toilet. I bring out my phone. I quickly dial ericas number. It rings 4 times before someone answers.

(Italics is in the background)

"Hello who is this."

"Erica you better tell me what is going on right now."

"Sorry but who is this."

"Erica I know that is you. Now tell me what is going on."

Who is it

May Martin

Lydia's twin and your best friend.

Lydia's twin and my ex-best friend. I can do a lot better now.

"I can still hear you. That is so low what you just did Erica. I have been there for you since we were 6. And now you think you can do better. I have had it."

I end the call and burst out in tears. I hear the toilet doors open.

"May is that you." I hear Allison say.

"I don't need anyone seeing me cry."

"May just open the door Lydia is going to be here any second."

I slowly unlock the door and Allison engulfs me in a hug.