Epilogue

Oliver sat at the Gryffindor Table, still in apparent shock from the day before when he felt someone sit across from him. He glanced up to see Melanie, who didn't wear her usual taunting grin that she used to tease him with. Instead her smile held kindness, which confused him because after the beating he and his team had taken on the quidditch pitch the day before, he was fully prepared to hear Melanie brag about how Ravenclaw had dominated the match.

Unfortunately, Oliver had lost his seeker, as Harry lied in the Hospital Wing unconscious after finding himself in a strange series of events. It left the Gryffindors down one play, and while he had the option to forfeit, Oliver was never one to back down from a game. They played, and they were destroyed.

Ravenclaw took an early lead and left Gryffindor shattered trying to collect the pieces.

The entire match was described as the Heaviest Defeat that Gryffindor had faced in over three hundred years and that was certainly weighing heavy on Oliver's shoulders.

"You shouldn't feel upset you know." Melanie told him. "You guys had a great season, and I'm pretty sure if you had your seeker, well it would have probably went a lot better for you guys."

"You didn't have to come over here and comfort me." Oliver told her. "Don't you just want to stick your finger in my face and tease me about how much better Ravenclaw was?"

"No, that's called poor sportsmanship, Ollie." Melanie said. "And besides, it wasn't an equal match to begin with, you were down your seeker. So you didn't win the cup this year...you always have next year and the year after that. By then Harry Potter should be an amazing seeker, considering he's pretty damn good right now."

Oliver smiled to himself. "How is Ace taking the fact that Ravenclaw didn't win the cup either?"

Melanie shrugged. "I don't think he really noticed yet. He's still on the high from winning the match." Melanie chuckled.

"Well, I know he wanted to win it in his final year here.."

"But he has plenty of opportunities to go out and achieve more once he graduates from here. I think he'll live."

"You know, it's funny," Oliver said. "The match yesterday was the first time we played each other and you didn't call me any names or try to get into my head."

"Yeah well, considering I saw the nerves on your face long before you stepped out on the pitch, I didn't have to do much. You psych yourself out. I didn't have to do much yesterday."

"Are you going to still play next year?" Oliver asked her. "I know Ace is leaving and all.."

"I'm still going back and forth with it. It depends on who he makes captain before he leaves."

"Don't you get a bit of a say in that, I mean, you are his girlfriend after all now."

"Would you let Todd put his input on who replaces you as a captain?" she countered.

Oliver thought about it for a moment. "No, I probably wouldn't."

The two laughed.

"I'm glad you two have each other." Melanie told him. "You guys work well together. I always liked Todd, he's pretty awesome..and you..well you're okay, Oliver."

"Gee, thanks Melanie. I suppose I'll take any genuine compliment I can get from you."

"Wise decision."

"Yeah, I've been living with this one for over twelve years now and I still don't get a compliment thrown my way."

The two looked down the table to see Carter leaning against the bench.

"I compliment you all the time." Melanie told. "Just this morning I told you, you didn't look like a complete hot mess."

"We're really going to have to go over your complimenting skills, Mel." Carter shook his head.

"I agree." Oliver added.

"Now wait just a second, I am very good at complimenting people!" Melanie argued.

Carter and Oliver exchanged looks before they burst out laughing. Melanie narrowed her eyes at the two before standing up.

"Well fine." she huffed at them. "See if I ever throw a compliment your way again." she said before leaving the Great Hall.

"Finally!" Carter cried out. "I finally got her."

"Ahem.' Oliver said.

"Oh fine, we got her. But did you see her face? She didn't have a comeback. My life is complete, I can die happy now."

Oliver watched as Carter laid on the floor and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Carter...get up off the floor!"

"Shut up, Olliecakes, you're ruining my moment."

"Oh don't you dare start!"

"What was that Robin Wood?"

Oliver lowered his head to the table and proceeded to hit it against it several times.

"Merlin, help me."

"Wood knocking on wood...how clever."

A/N: And this is the end my dears. Sorry for the wait, but inspiration can be a monster. It comes and goes as it pleases. I hope you enjoyed it despite every twist and turn. 

:)