Chapter Six

Hey guys. I'm re-editing the entire book of Icetail's Enemy. Yes, again. I'm hoping to get rid of 80%-100% of all mistakes this time, and to reword certain confusing things. So yes, this chapter is shorter than usual. I hope it won't be a problem ^^

A ray of light poked through the nursery and touched Dewkit's white fur, waking him instantaneously. He shivered at the cool morning air, and noticed that the warmth of his mother was gone. After a moment of looking around, he realized that she was missing, and the only cats that were here was his sister Ravenkit, Sagepelt, Swiftbreeze, and their kits.

Where had Silverleaf gone?

Dewkit stuck his head out the nursery and observed the scenery of the Clan. Dawn had only just come, so the sun was barely a peak over the trees, and the camp was mostly asleep except for the two warriors, Flameheart and Nightrose, who were guarding the rogue prisoner. He looked around, and noticed that Silverleaf's fresh paw prints led to the leader's den. His parents must be talking.

He padded out into the camp, his pads being chilled from the fresh morning air. As he silently walked across the clearing, birds chirped high in the trees, indicating that newleaf was here, and the weather would soon warm with new prey scuttling across the forest. As Dewkit looked at the tips of the trees, his pelt bristled with excitement, remembering the run through the forest he had. I can't wait to be an apprentice! I just hope Silverleaf and Icestar aren't talking about revoking the ceremony.

As he got closer to the den, he could hear his parent's voices speaking softly. The scent of four cats could be made out; his father, mother, the medicine cat Sweetheart, and the deputy Sharpfang. Whatever they were talking about, it must be important for all of them to be gathered.

Dewkit peeked his head inside, and noticed the four of them sitting by Icestar's nest as they spoke in their hushed voices.

"—you had a dream, Icestar?" questioned Sharpfang, his pelt bristling with alarm. "I thought they stopped two moons ago, when the Dark Battle was over."

Icestar took a deep breath. "They did . . . but one suddenly came back. The cat who always visited me in the past when I had such dreams, he told me something alarming."

"I thought this was all over," growled Silverleaf. "Clan life was supposed to be peaceful since DarkClan is gone. What's going to happen, Icestar?"

Icestar was silent for a moment. Finally, the leader murmured, "Shard told me there will be destruction . . . though I do not know if it is true. However, he mentioned things that made sense."

Dewkit leaned in a bit, more and more curious as to what they were speaking about. Dreams? Destruction? This was something serious! If he were to be caught, he could get in even bigger trouble. However, his eyes held on the image of the warrior queen, the deputy, the medicine cat and the leader.

I shouldn't be listening to this!

"Whatever it is, it might have to do with physical destruction. We have got to keep a close eye on that rogue, and the Twolegs in the forest," Icestar said.

The medicine cat's tail flicked. "If it has to do with Twolegs," Sweetheart growled, "I'm afraid the situation will be out of our control."

Sharpfang cut in. "We must also inform the other leaders! Like that rogue said, if there's another group of cats somewhere nearby the territories I'd say that they are dangerous, considering with what this one tried to do to your kits."

"I just wanted our Clan to live peacefully," murmured Silverleaf with sadness, her eyes trailing down to her paws. Icestar pressed to her side in a comforting gesture and she rested her head on his shoulder.