Chapter Nine

UGH, how long has it been since I've last posted? Since the summer, perhaps? Maybe even May or June? I can't remember; all I know is that I'm utterly upset with myself for not doing what I love. Most of you know why I've been off Wattpad but I really want to make my return. I don't know how many people will be reading this because I might have lost some people by foolishly not publishing.

P.S let me know if there are any errors.

P.P.S **@Lilsis365 is a new writer and her books need a little attention. Go check out her Warriors book and her account! :)**

The sun peaked over the tips of the oak trees, and the wind stilled. Not a single breeze traveled through the air of MoonClan territory, so it was not cold. Just by the feel of it, Icestar knew that the first wave of humidity of the new-leaf season would begin soon. At long last, all traces of leaf-bare seemed to be gone, and the season of prey had finally arrived.

The MoonClan leader led Shiningmoon, Crowflight, Flameheart and Amberwind through the familiar tangle of the undergrowth. As the first border patrol of the day, everything has yet to be discovered. He was a bit weary to encounter more rogues, but the daily duties of the Clan could not be stopped by meager threats.

As he led the patrol closer to CloudClan borders, Flameheart trotted up to his side, straying a bit from the group. "How was your sleep?" questioned the warrior, his voice a bit low. Icestar had told Flameheart about his dream the previous day, especially because of the encounter they'd witnessed during Amberwind's warrior assessment.

Icestar's recalled the rogue Jinx's troubling words. Somewhere around, there resides the cat who will destroy. We won't stop hunting for him until he's dead. You should too, because he just might cause the destruction of all the Clans in his wake. Somehow, these words had to connect to Icestar's dream . . .

He turned to Flameheart, who was looking for an answer. "No dreams. No voices, no visions, nothing." He took a swift glance over his shoulder at Amberwind, but she could not hear their conversation. After all, she was too busy talking to Shiningmoon and Crowflight, her eyes sparkling as she indulged on a hunt she recently had. Thankfully, the new warrior hadn't spoken about their encounter at all, only leaving Icestar with questioning looks. The leader sighed, murmuring, "But something has been bugging my mind lately. I have the troubling suspicion that . . ."

"Go on, Icestar," encouraged Flameheart.

He took a deep breath. "Well, the rogue we have prisoner in camp must have something to do with the one we encountered. And Jinx mentioned having come from a group of cats, like our rogue." Icestar looked ahead as they finally approached open land. CloudClan valleys were seen in the distance, still dark because the sun's rays have yet to touch their lands. "They're searching for the cat who destroyed with a bad intent, so I know they're out to kill me."

Flameheart stopped walking, his eyes quickly traveling down on to paws.

"Don't tell me you've been avoiding that thought, Flameheart?" Icestar questioned.

Crowflight's voice piped up, making the two toms jump with surprise. "Avoiding what thought?" he asked.

"N-nothing," Flameheart stammered, throwing a quick glance at Crowflight, who had Dropeyes and Amberwind on either side of him. Amberwind glanced at him suspiciously.

"Icestar was probably telling him important leader business," she said, quickly flashing her eyes to Icestar . "I don't think you should nose in. Anyway, Flameheart, now that we're here, let's race!"

Flameheart was startled for a moment, but relaxed when he realized Amberwind had saved their private discussion from their curious Clanmate. Icestar was secretly grateful to her, his fur flattening on his ends.