Chapter 17- Surfing Lesson #2

Its deja vu all over again. Peeta, Gale and Finnick, standing by the lifeguard stand, in their wetsuits and holding their surfboards.

" Hello, are you ladies ready for your second lesson", Finnick says with a smile.

" As ready as we'll every be" Johanna rolls her eyes.

" Ok so katniss go with pita bread, Johanna go with Gale, good luck dude and Ms. Annie will come with me" Finnick says winking at Annie, causing her to blush.

Peeta punches Finnick on the shoulder and then leads me to our spot on the beach.

He puts the surfboard on the sand and I take off my shorts that I had on over my bikini.

" Do you want to keep practicing what we did yesterday?" Peeta says and I nod.

" Do you remember what to do?" He asks.

Honestly, I only remember some of the steps, but I don't want to get distracted by his ass while he demonstrates again, so I nod.

" I'll go once just to refresh your memory", Peeta says as we are walking into the water.

We stop walking when the water is a few inches below our shoulders and wait for a wave.

When a big wave is coming Peeta jumps onto the surfboard and lets the wave take him like a pro.

Damn he is good.

' Ugh Katniss you are staring again' I mumble to myself.

'How the hell is he still going, I can barely stay on the surfboard for 5 seconds'.

Eventually the wave crashes and he swims back to me.

Peeta notices my shocked expression and laughs.

"Years of practice" he says and hands me the surfboard.

A few minutes later a big wave comes so I hop on the board and let the wave take me.

I try to stand up but I slipped and fell backwards into the wave.

I hold my nose to stop the water from going in until I reach the surface.

I gasp when I reach the surface and rub the salty water away from my eyes.

I look down and realize that my bikini is all messed up.
' Oh shit I hope that Peeta can't see me' I think as I adjust my bathing suit.

After I make sure that my boobs were covered I swim back to Peeta with the surfboard.

" Come on Katniss you did it yesterday" Peeta jokes.

I roll my eyes and punch his shoulder, causing him to laugh.

" Try again you were able to do it yesterday"  Peeta says.
I sigh and get ready for the next wave.
When the next one comes I hop on the surfboard.

I wobble a few times but I didn't fall off.

I didn't fall off!!

I jump down before the wave crashes and swim to the surfboard and grab it.

I swim back to Peeta and I notice that he is clapping.

" Now was that so hard?" He says with a smile.

" Yes it was " I say with a chuckle.

" Want to try again?" Peeta asks.

" Hell no" I say causing us to laugh.

As I'm laughing I notice that Peeta's eyes have locked with mine.

I can't look away, his eyes are some how a clearer shade of blue than the water we are standing in.

Why would he stare into my eyes, they are just a simple shade of grey.

Peeta awkwardly coughs and looks away, " um we should go meet up with the others".

I sigh" yeah".

There is an awkward silence between us as we walk to the shore and meet up with everyone else by the lifeguard stand.

" Soooo", Finnick says, " when are you guys coming back?".

" I don't know, we'll see", Annie says with a blush.

We talk for a little while and every now and then I catch Peeta staring at me, he looks a little nervous as well.
Why would he be nervous?

" Well I guess we will see you guys soon" I say and we all say goodbye except Peeta who is still silent.

Johanna, Annie and I start to walk to the parking lot.

I'm a little tired so I trail behind a few feet.

When I'm a few feet away from the parking lot I hear someone jogging towards me.

I turn and see Peeta. What does he want?

" Umm Katniss I was wondering if um you would go on a uh date with me?"

                                                          Why the hell would Peeta ask me on a date.

My heart starts pounding, 'what do I do?'

My heart is telling me to say yes, but my brain thinks that the logical answer is no.

Hahahaha fuck that.

" I will go on a date with you."

-------------------------------------------------------

- Nicole💕