Chapter 12

*ALYSSA'S POV*

It's been a week since the "incident" and Sky is already back to her normal self. She's running around playing with Hayes and tomorrow we will be going to the hospital to get her stitches removed. Nash has been coming over everyday to check on her and he still feels bad about it. I try to comfort him by telling him she's okay now but Hayes doesn't help at all. Every time Nash steps foot in the house, Hayes begins to glare at him and he won't say a word until he leaves.

"Okay Sky, run upstairs and take a shower. Hayes should be home soon and then we can all eat" I yell from the kitchen.

I hear her soft little feet run up the stairs and I smile to myself. I've always loved kids and wanted some of my own, but I'm going to be so bored when she has to go back with her parents. I mean I could get a job. I just don't want to be stuck in an office doing something I hate. I snapped out of my thoughts when I hear the alarm beep and the door shut.

"Alyssa?" I hear Hayes yell from the front door.

"In the kitchen" I say and a few seconds later I hear him walk into the kitchen.

I turn around and am amazed at what I see. He's in a dark blue button up shirt, kakhi pants, black dress shoes and a brand new Davidson Day hat.

"You got the job?" I kind of squeal.

"Yes!" He says with the biggest smile on his face.

Without thinking I run up to him and wrap my arms around his neck. I bury my face in his neck and then feel his arms wrap around my waist.

"Haysie!" Sky yells and then runs up to join our hug.

"HaHa. How do you feel squirt?" He says picking her up and setting her on the counter.

"Better! I can't even feel the stitches!" She says pointing to her forehead.

They continuing talking as I try to make dinner and every once in a while I hear one of them giggle.

"Hey Alyssa?" I hear Hayes say about 10 minutes later.

"Yea"

"What time is her appointment tomorrow?"

I walk over to the fridge where I have the calendar and look for tomorrow. "It's at one. Why?" I ask.

"I have to go to the school tomorrow to get my uniform but I should be back by 11" He says smiling.
                     I nod and go back to putting the final touches on dinner.

--------------------------
(A/N)
So I'm back...this isn't a whole lot but please don't get bad. I just wanted to let y'all know that I will be coming back for good this time and let y'all in on a little bit of what's to come. So leave some comments on what y'all think and stay tuned because I should be adding more to this chapter or just going on to another. But I was wondering, do y'all think my chapters are too short sometimes? Love you guys and thanks for all the support and love through these past months.
                             -Alyssa💖