Sodapop Curtis

guys i have a whole bunch of sodapop requests so it might take a while for your request to be written (if you requested one)
dedicated to those who wanted an alternative to my imagine of soldier!soda (pretty sure you all know what im talking about lol)

It's been forever since you've seen Sodapop Curtis. In reality, it's been a couple of months. After Soda broke up with you, you found out a couple of your friends were drafted as well.

You were beyond upset. You couldn't believe you let Soda break up with you. You were willing to wait for him no matter what. Your friend tried setting you up with dozens of cute boys, but your heart ached for Soda.

You slowly tied the apron around your waist, your hands shaking as you did so. You let yourself sink into your waitressing job. It was the only way to keep your mind off of Soda.

"Y/N? Could you take table 15 for me?" Your friend, McKenna, asked as she frantically tried to balance plates up and down her arm.

You smiled,"I can help you first!"

"No, no. It's okay. Really!" McKenna stumbled into the diner, cautiously walking towards a large group of people.

You shook your head and picked up your notepad and a pen. You strolled into the diner and walked towards table 15.

Table 15 was located near the back corner of the diner, which was usually isolated. The man, you assumed, had his back faced to you.

You took a deep breath before forcing a smile on your face,"hello and welcome to---" You nearly dropped to the ground when the customer turned around.

"Y/N?" Sodapop let a smile creep into his lips.

"Are you really here?" You slowly walked towards him, not believing your eyes at the moment.

"I-I am. Do you work here now?" Sodapop stood to close the distance between the two of you. You nodded and pursed your lips. "I, uh..."

You opened your mouth to speak,"So, how---"

You both blushed when you realized you both wanted to start a conversation.

"You first," Soda gulped and gestured for you to sit with him.

You declined his request,"So, how's adjusting back to regular life?"

"It's been okay. Sometimes I would wake up randomly, because of nightmares." He admitted. "I missed you. I regret not writing to you."

"Yeah, me too." Silence followed the short talk. "Uh, so what can I get you?"

"Another chance, perhaps?" Sodapop smiled hopefully.

You smiled back,"coming right up."

---

guys im in class rn lmao