•Let Me Hide Your Eyes•

This follows canon slightly. POV switches from Loki to Charlie.

🎭🎭🎭

His plans were finally falling into place. He was rather surprised to find how smoothly it went, even the ceremony...

*****

Frigga turned out to be the first to offer to style Charlotte's hair (he still couldn't get used to 'Charlie' for a girl) and settled on a chignon with white roses and baby's breath woven through

Frigga turned out to be the first to offer to style Charlotte's hair (he still couldn't get used to 'Charlie' for a girl) and settled on a chignon with white roses and baby's breath woven through. He was impressed that she remembered to bow when greeted by Frigga, keeping her posture straight and hardly breaking eye contact, considering how nervous she likely was, if the near constant twiddling of her thumbs behind her back as the ceremony droned on was anything to go by.

But he was more grateful of the fact that Charlie hadn't acted inappropriately, and actually took Frigga's advice on proper Asgardian etiquette at dinner. He was pleased to see the two had bonded well over the last week or so, but Charlotte knew to stay in a respectful, and feared, manner when it came to her superiors on Asgard. She isn't Asgardian or an experienced warrior, after all. Even still, she will have to mind her place for a while.

Of course, the night that took place soon after came as a complete surprise. Things were said that neither of them ever told a soul about and emotions escalated until he was quite certain that Charlotte would have trouble walking the next day. That morning proved different, however, when he awoke to Charlotte's form tucked against him, her steady breathing tickled his chest hair as he put a strand of hair behind her ear. The sunlight gleamed over the silky gold sheets, making the room appear dreamy as time stopped, the palace wouldn't stir for a few more hours.

Loki had several moments of complete bliss as he wondered how long she slept and what her morning routine is, he made a mental note to call for a servant before scolding himself for wasting precious time. How could he feel this way now? They already agreed that this marriage was on paper only. This was unacceptable. It was unlike him to even consider having feelings for some mortal.

So why did he decide to pull the covers over them both and sleep in?

----

No one is the wiser. I am too good at this.

He could not believe his pathetic displays of affection and charm had worked! What gullible and dim-witted creatures mortals are, what scatteredbrained creatures Asgardians are - all of them, even the finest of warriors, basking in merriment and admiration for the happy couple. So easy. On few occasions, however, he caught Charlie studying his every move, only to smile blithely in his direction and make him second guess his suspicions of her possibly waiting for him to break character, announcing it all as some ridiculous hoax.

Which it is. One I have trouble believing was set in motion - but I shouldn't press my luck.

---