•Under Starry Skies We Are Lost•

Void, to me, has a better ring than Wormhole. Sorry.

🎭🎭🎭

He was cold.

Right down to the very bone, in fact.

Cold and damp. The entire hall of Eljudnir harbored a distinct odor he could not place; the best he could manage was a mix of death and sage, and even that hardly came close.

Worst of all my hair is starting to become frizzed and slank, no body at all.

Well, that might be the least of his problems now, but he was thankful he could see his surroundings, even if that view is from inside a cell.

The cell was a sizable one; it held respectable a bed, seating, and lighting, even a bookcase. His captor was far from barbarian after all.

With some exception that was not apparent to him, and after what felt like years in confinement, he was allowed to stand before her in the throne room - his shackles having been removed prior to her request.

"How long has it been?"

"Since you have graced my presence, or since you have been my capitive?"

"The latter, obviously. I can not begin to think of a set time passed for the former."

"Oh, of course. Why shall I think you will want to dwell on past actions?"

Loki shifted uncomfortably. Had they not gone through this?

"I believe it was you who refused to have any dealings with me. Odin -"

She waved his comment away at the mention of the Allfather. Her mother even tried to act on revenge in her own way, tricking Thor into coming to Niflhiem with broken promises, though Odin had managed to intervine once again.

"I am well aware you had naught to do with Odin's choice."

"Then you know of my great desire to take what is rightfully mine."

Hela arched a brow that was not decaying, her gaze denigrating.

"Does anyone have ownership over any person, place, or object? When you first arrived in Helhiem, you were distraught with wrath and hedonism. It was most amusing."

"How else should I react to Thor practically throwing me into a void!?" He retorted, glad that his predicament was amusing to someone. Loki sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. What good would it do to be upset? He doubted she even felt emotions, if ever. Another thing they seemed to have in common.

"Father, for all your prattling on about mortals, you largely resemble them in many ways."

Loki gritted his teeth, choosing to let the comment slide in realization that she nonetheless has the upperhand.

"Tis' have been a month - perhaps little more, by a mortal cycle."

He shrugged. Not really caring since he only asked to break the tension, knowing she would enlighten him sooner or later. It was time to get down to the real question, she'd kept him waiting long enough for little reason, what could the position of the moon have to do with anything?

"Pray tell, what is it you want of me? Surely you do not intend to keep me here forever."

A soft chuckle not unlike her mother's echoed throughout the vast chambers. It reminded him of a cracked bell, dry and hollow, but still holding a melodic tune when swipt along by any elusive wind.