•This Is How An Angel Dies•

🎭🎭🎭

"What do mean? Are you saying Doom is an impostor?" Thelia asked warily, unsure if Loki could be trusted at all.

"Late much?" Charlie shot snidely, wondering why he'd even bother if he obviously didn't care.

Loki opened his mouth to respond with a retort of his own, but Thelia cut him off with a wave of her hand.

"There is no time for this from either of you. You mentioned something about him not being Doom?"

"Not necessarily. However, I think we should discuss this when Doom isn't rounding the corner."

Everyone turned as they watched Doom steadily approach the group, not appearing groggy in the least. Thor readied his hammer, while Thelia stepped closer to Charlie.

"Thelia, take Charlie and go," Loki glanced at the agent, Charlie thought he sounded slightly worried, but shrugged it off. How could he be?

"Who the hell are you to command anyone? It's because of you we're in this mess anyway."

"That wasn't a command, that was a request. A simple one I gathered you would have no problem taking, considering she is your friend."

"No, I'm not leaving this time." Charlie crossed her arms defensively. Loki, for once, looked surprised.

"Charlie, you cannot possibly fight him."

"Does it matter? Do you really think we're getting out of here that easily?"

"Charlie -"

"Something is wrong," Thor interjected, which Thelia was immensely grateful for. "Doom has halted his pursuit."

Doom had in fact halted his pursuit midway in the impossibly long corridor, it was then they all heard the rushing footsteps from below and above them, irrefutably headed straight for the intruders.

"You had it all planned, did you?" Doom opened his arms, as if to welcome his army of Doombots, which had begun filing into the corridor at both ends. "You are surrounded. Stop resisting me, and perhaps some measily portion of your sanity with remain."

Thor grunted and raised his hammer, but stopped when Loki grabbed his wrist.

"You deal with the Bots, I know he is not what he appears. I can't allow Charlie to be put in danger again, not when..." Thor frowned, knowing exactly how difficult it was for his brother to admit anything close to feelings for another being. "I've failed twice already."

"I do not think you are prepared for this."

"I do not think you understand that Charlie must be protected at all costs, Thor." Loki finished hurriedly, he didn't care for what Doom had in mind. "She is the mother of my child after all."

Charlie raised a brow; she found it hard to believe that he knew the full story. Loki turned to face Doom, feeling confident that his magic had returned enough to hold his own.

"That is...most unexpected news, Lady Charlotte," Thor said hestitantly, he felt shocked and jovial at the same time. "Hvordan sier Gratuler."

"Thank you, Thor. Not sure what it means, but thank you. More than I can say for this one -"

"Great. We can applaud her later, right now we have a bigger problem."

Charlie didn't have time to respond as the swarm of Doombots gathered around them; Thor swung Mjolnir at a nearby few, causing them to crash into each other, whilst Thelia altered between various skilled combat moves, but it still wasn't enough - even the I.C.E.R. pistols rendered useless. Charlie felt completely helpless that they were going to die because of her, she could barely see Loki at this point.

This is stupid; I can't just stand here and do nothing!

That was when she spotted a medieval version of a Mace on the opposite wall. Charlie dodged severval Doombots thanks to Thor and pried it loose. Its steel spikes rested atop a round blackened skull, which was attached to a steel rod that inserted into a carved wood handle. She was surprised to find it more sturdy than heavy, but she would have to make do as a herd of Doombots came bustling towards her.

"A skull Mace? Is that going to work?" Thelia managed, after sending a Doombot to the ground, only to have another instantly take its place.

"One way to find out."

Charlie knocked a number of of them down, but much of her exertion was in vain as a new batch rapidly replaced them.

"This is hopeless, they won't stop!"

"Keep going, there has to be an end to them soon." Thelia said collectedly, but to Charlie it sounded as if she was trying to convince herself more than anyone. For every hundred Thor defeated, two hundred more re-established around him. There were simply too many.

Just as they were about to become completely out numbered, a powerful voice called throughout the corridor. Oddly, at this moment every Doombot ceased any and all movement. However, neither of them were letting their guards down.

"I believe it is time we rectify Doom's reign."

It was Dreadknight.

His cape flowed effortlessly behind him as approached the group with his power-lance in hand, its exterior gleamed dully in the torch-lit corridor.

Thelia grinned; everything had actually gone according to plan.

"Well, it's about time."

°°°°°

A/N: 'Hvordan sier Gratuler' = Congratulations. It's Norweign. Go Thor. ;)