Two.

Colton Perkins.

8:13 am.

"Mr. Perkins, where were you tonight between 1 am till 3 am?"

"I was at home, sleeping."

"Can you prove that?"

"My friends can, the ones you have locked up in the next rooms."

"No one is locked up Mr. Perkins, you can leave anytime you want."

"Great!" I stood up to leave.

"Just a second there Mr. Perkins."

"Yes officer?!"

"I'm not done yet."

"You said I can leave whenever I want, and I wanna leave now."

And with that I walked out the room.

I just kept walking until I reached outside and saw Lana sitting on a bench with a coffee in her hand.

"Lana." I said walking towards her.

She turned around with a horrified expression and I could see she was glad to see a familiar face.
I had a crush on Lana Jefferson since senior year of high school and here we are second year of college and I still couldn't do anything about it. Believe me it has nothing to do with me not being able to tell her that, but the fact that she has been with the same guy since last year. Now I know what you're thinking, I could've done something when she didn't have a boyfriend, the thing is I don't know why the hell I didn't.

"Hey." She said as I reached her and threw her hands around me and pulled me in a hug.

"Hey. Are you okay? What did they ask you?"

"Where I was from 1 to 3 am and if anyone can prove it. You?"

"Yeah the same."

"I'm so glad you're here Colton." She rested her head on my shoulder and intertwined her fingers with mine."This is gonna be a nightmare isn't it? I was trying hard not to freak out in there, I'm so glad you're here." She smiled looking up at me.

I returned the smile.

"I-"

"Where's your boyfriend?" I cut her off causing her to remove her head from my shoulder."Why isn't he here?"

"What?"

"He's your boyfriend not me, shouldn't he be here comforting you?"

"You're such an asshole you know that? One moment you're being a good friend and then you start acting like a complete jerk." She said then walked away.

"Yeah that's the problem. I'm a good friend." I sighed.

***********

A/N : Another short chapter for you guys to get you filled in on what's happening before getting into the real story. I promise I'll update more once I finish my other story. In the mean time let me know what you think so far in the comments. Vote,follow and comment.❤