Nine.

May 2 2016.

Jessie's funeral.

"Where were you this morning? You stormed out without a word. Didn't see you whole day." Bethany asked Lana as she applied mascara.

"I had to do something." Lana replied not making eye contact.

"Did it involve Jake?"

Lana dropped what was in her hand and looked at her best friend.

"He didn't even deny it." She said.

"I'm sorry L." Bethany said and pulled her in a hug.

Today Jessie was finally about to be burried, it has been four days since she had died, but they were waiting for her family to fly to town, and the autopsy took a lot of time in order to determine a cause of death, which still is a mystery. All they know is that she was murdured, no DNA showed for a guilty party.

"Is it a good idea to go?" Liam asked as Bethany fixed his tie.

"It'll be suspicious if we don't go, we're all in the news, everyone knows we were being accused, if we don't go it'll raise the suspicion on us." Lana said.

"But we're proven innocent now, that's all over the news too." Colton said.

"We'll just go, pay our respects to her parents and offer to help in any way." Bethany said.

"How are you going to help them? Seriously what can you do to help? Their daughter is dead. What are you gonna do her chores for her?"

"Shut up Colton."

"Alright we need to go, and remember if we see Melanie, we're talking to her, whoever sees her first, text from the group chat. It's the perfect opportunity to get her to talk." Lana said.

"Yeah sure a funeral is the perfect place to talk to her. Cause who doesn't like to talk about their dead prostitute friend at their funeral?!" Liam said sarcastically.

"Now's not the time for your sarcasm Liam, stop being a douche and get your keys or we're gonna be late."

"Is Jake coming?"

"I don't know I don't care. I don't give a fuck what Jake does anymore. I couldn't care less about him." Lana said and left the house.

Bethany explained that they broke up and then left after her to go to the funeral.
It was just like any other funeral. Her parents were devastated, and they felt bad for them. But at the same time, they had something else on their minds. Who put the Louis' daughter under the ground. They searched for Melanie and spotted her walking in the church wearing a little black dress, her blonde hair pulled back in a pony tail, and sat down at the back of the church.

"I can see why she's the boss." Liam whispered.

"I would say something but we're in a church, so instead I'm gonna say shut your mouth." Bethany whispered through gritted teeth.

"Hey." Colton whispered.

"Hey." Lana whispered back.

"Are you still mad at me?"

"No, I actually wanted to thank you."

Colton stared at her for a while with a confused expression as to why she would want to thank him.

"Even though we fight all the time, you're my best friend and thank you for telling me, I cannot stand to see his face ever again."

"Then don't look straight ahead."

As he said that, Lana did exactly the opposite and saw Jake paying his respects to Jessie's parents, in the front of the church.
Lana took a hold of Colton's hand and squeezed it. He gave her a smile and then smiled to himself.
The funeral went by, the priest talked about Jessie, said a few words about her, what kind of a person she was.
Little did they know that sweet innocent Jessie was an undercover whore. Lana thought.
After that, there was a reception held in the hotel lobby where Jessie's parents were staying.