Fourteen.

"It's been two days you guys, no one has come." Bethany said as she took another sip of her coffee.

It had been two days since the Keegan scandal has been out and the police haven't come to the house yet to do a real search in Jessie's room. As much as they wanted them off their backs, everyone had to know the truth about who Jessie was. If the police find out the truth it'll help them find Jessie, and when they do, the four could get to her before the police does, cause they already have all the pieces together, well, almost all the pieces.

"Maybe we should give them the diary." She continued.

"And say what? Hey Herman we have Jessie's diary and have read it all and know everything? No we don't need any more questioning than we're already getting." Liam said and earned himself a glare from his girlfriend.

"Not in those words, but Beth's right, we gotta get this diary to them." Lana said.

"I love you." Liam said as he saw Bethany still giving him a glare.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes.

"We turn the story around." Colton said.

"How?" Liam asked.

"I have one in mind, and I know just the right person who can spin it around." He said.

***

The Police Station.

"Excuse me, hi." Lana said to the lady behind the glass window.

"What can I do for you?" She asked.

"I need to speak to detective Josh Herman."

"Mr. Herman is extremely busy, if you can just leave your name and number, we'll call you when-"

"Miss Jefferson?!" Josh appeared.

"Hi, detective Herman." Lana said with a smile.

"What can I do for you?" He asked.

"I have something I thought you should know." She said. "Do you have a minute?"

"Well the last time you had something to say, you got me promoted from officer to detective, so I have more than a minute to listen to you." Josh said with a half smile.

"That's, congratulations." Lana got lost for words. "We found something at the house."

Josh motioned Lana to follow him to his office, and once the door was shut and they were alone, he was all ears.

"So tell me, what is it you found?" He asked.

"Well when we found out about Keegan we knew we couldn't trust him, so when you didn't show up to search the house again, we thought we'd look if we could find anything, and we found this." She lied taking the diary out of her purse and handing it to him.

"What is this?" Josh asked.

"Jessie's diary."

"Did you read it?"

"No, of course not. We decided you should have it, maybe there's something that'll help, I just hope you find the killer." She said.

Josh gave her a smile and thanked her for the information.

"You did the right thing." He said.

Lana gave him a smile and excused herself and left after a goodbye.

***

When Lana was walking back to the house, she passed the sorority house and looked at the girls there were happy, she saw Melanie sitting under a tree and reading a book, for a second there she felt sorry for what was coming to her. She sighed for what she was about to do, but there was no turning back now as her feet were already making decisions for her.