Thirteen.

Imagine finding out someone you thought was dead, is actually alive. How was Jessie alive?! They still couldn't wrap their heads around it. And why would someone do that? Pretend they're dead and break their friends and families hearts.

"We're ready." Colton said through the phone.

"Alright, text me when you get something." Liam said and hung up.

"I'm so excited I love following people." Lana said.

"Who have you followed?" He asked.

"This is embarrassing, before I started dating Jake, I followed him to his house, so I could 'accidently' bump into him." She said.

"Wow. How are you by the way? About the whole thing?"

"I'm fine. I'm just glad I figured it out."

"For the record he doesn't deserve you. I'm glad you broke up with him. You are an amazing girl Lana and you deserve someone who loves you with all his heart." He said putting a piece of hair behind her ear and leaning in.

"Thanks." She whispered looking down at her lap.

"Look at me." He said putting a finger under her chin and raising her eyes to his level.

And just as their lips moved closer for a kiss, Lana backed away.

"She's out." She said looking outside the front windshield at the girl they were ready to follow.

Colton cleared his throat. "Let's follow the bitch." He said and waited for Carla to get in the car and followed after her.

They drove until Carla stopped her car in front of the entrance of the woods and parked in front of it, and Colton parked away from her so she wouldn't notice. She got out of her car and put her phone to her ear and started talking, but the words were unable to reach their ears.
After hanging up the phone she looked around to see if anyone's there, then she walked into the woods and disappeared further inside.

Colton and Lana followed not much longer after her and stopped when they saw Carla talking to someone hidden behind a tree.
They exchanged glances and moved to a closer spot to get a better look at the mysterious person, with hopes that it's Jessie. Lana immediately texted the information to their group chat and both of them slowly made their way towards Carla and the mystery person.

They were so convinced that the person was Jessie, they were already ready to see a long curly red hair, white skin, and a sundress on a girl they thought was dead, but much to their surprise, the person hidden behind the tree was the complete opposite to what they were expecting to see.

Behind the tree was a tall man, with black skin, and a bald head, and a smirk they have grown familiar to.
Behind the tree was the man who wanted to put an end to their lives, the man who wanted to put them away for a false accusation of murder. The man who oddly cared more about them being in jail than solving the murder case.
Behind the tree was the one and only detective Keegan Matthews.

***

Lana immediately snapped a picture of the two as evidence and sent it to their group chat. The two left shortly after that with a million questions in mind.

"Keegan, it was Keegan." Lana said once they were in the car.

"I know Lana, I know, breathe." Colton said and drove off back to their house.

Once they were safely home, they told Bethany and Liam what had happened.

"What were they saying? Did you get anything?" Bethany asked.