Chapter 1 - (Full Version)

It’s A Shakespeare Thing

Chapter 1

Raylin

I starred out the window as the trees and cars passed by. Mom and Dad were headed to the airport and I had to drive their car back to their house. I had agreed to house sit for them for the next week while they went on vacation for their anniversary.

“Desdemona, sweetie you know you don’t have to do this for us.” Mom looked back at me.

“I know, but it’s better than staying with Ryan all week.” I replied honestly.

My twin brother was a man whore and we all knew it.

“Well look at this as a little mini vacation away from him.” Mom smiled.

“Yeah, but that isn’t going to stop him from coming over and getting on my nerves. Plus don’t I still have to look out for Cassio?” I asked about my sixteen year old younger brother.

“Ah Cassio. Yes definitely watch out for him. I’m afraid he is taking after Othello.” Daddy sighed.

“Really guys, must you call Ryan and I by our middle names? I know Cassio likes his middle name, but seriously.” I sighed. Ryan and I had both asked our parents numerous times to call us by our first names, but they insisted on calling us by our Shakespearian middle names.

You see my mother’s name is Skylar Juliet Aymes, and my father’s name is Austin Romeo Aymes. How cliche? When Ryan and I were first born they decided to name us after a chracter from Shakespeare’s plays. Unfortunately, they decided to use Desdemona for me and Othello for my twin brother. To keep all three of our middle names together they named my younger brother Michael Cassio Aymes from Othello as well. Lucky for Cassio his middle name is cool so he prefers it over his first name.

“Sweetheart, you know your mother and I call each other by ourt middle names so we do the same with you kids, we always have.” Daddy looked at me through the rearview mirror.

“Fine, I’ll drop it for now.” I muttered as we pulled into the airport.

“Ok sweetie, we’ll see you in a week.” Mom kissed me on the cheek.

“Hold the house down and don’t forget that they’re still working on the new edition on the house.” Daddy reminded me as he hugged me good bye.

“Ok, what if the contractor needs to get in thouch with you?” I asked.

“Just call us if you ever need us. If we don’t answer leave a voicemail and I promise we will call you back as soon as we get it. Give Othello and Cassio a kiss goddbye for me, and Desdemona, look after my boys. I know you’ll keep them in line.” Mom smiled as she hugged me one last time before she and Daddy disappeared down the terminal to their plane.

The lucky dogs were headed to Fiji for a week. I walked back out to the car and drove to my parents house. Ryan and I shared an apartment near our university. I unlocked the door and walked inside relieved that I was home. It was dark when I got home because Mom and Daddy had decided to leave as soon as they got off work today. 

I was exhausted from driving all day so I decided to head to bed. I walked upstairs and headed to my old room. Before I went to my room, I peeked into Cassio’s room and smiled as I watched my younger brother playing Call of Duty on his Xbox 360. He was the spitting image of Ryan at his age. No wonder all the girls were falling all over him.

“What are you smilinf for Ray?” Cassio asked calling me by the nickname he and Ryan had given me.

“Nothing, just thinking about how you remind me of how Ry was at yoour age.” I walked in his room to see that it was a mess.

“Nah, I’m way hotter.” Cassio argued.

“Whatever you say little bro.” I laughed as I kissed him on the cheek goodnight.

“Night sis.” I heard Cassio say as I walked into my room and grabbed some clothes to go take a shower.

Once I was out of the shower I dressed in soffe shorts and a tank top and crawlded in bed. I turned off the lamp beside my bed and let sleep consume me.

“Ugh!!!” I groaned as I tried to block out the sounds of hammers and very early the next morning.

I rolled over to look at the clock on my bedside table to see that it was only just after six in the morning. I slung my comforter and sheet off me and stomped down the hall. I looked into Cassio’s room to see that he was still sleeping happily through the noise. I quietly closed his door and made my way down the steps and out into the back yrad through the kitchen door. I looked up to see a blonde headed guy walking across tthe roof with a bundle of shingles on his shoulder.

“HEY!!!!” I yelled up to the blonde guy.

“Well hello gorgeous.” Blondie nodded in approval as he lokked me up and down.

“Scott, what do you think you are doing? Get back to work.” A guy with black hair yelled at blondie.

“Yeah Scott, get back to work.” I smirked.

“Can I help you Miss...” The black headed guy trailed off.

“Miss Aymes.” I finished for him.

“Oh, you must be the daughter.” He started to climb down the ladder.

“Yeah, and who are you?” I asked once he reched the ground safely.

“My name is Asher Blake. I’m the contractor your parents hired.” Asher held out his hand for me to shake.

“Niche to meet you Mr. Blake.” I shook his hand while I checked him out. He couldn’t be a day over twenty three.

“My father’s name is Mr. Blake. You can call me Asher. What is it you needed Miss Aymes?” He smiled.

“Call me Raylin, and I just wanted to know if you had to be here so early?” I answered.

“Well, if you want us to get done on time then yes, we do have to be here this early.” Asher explained.

“Great, there goes sleeping in for the next week.” I mumbled under my breath.

“Sorry, but I have to do my job.” Asher shrugged and turned to go back up the ladder.

Nice ass!!!

I thought to myself then turned and went back into the house. This was going to be one long week and I knew just the person to keep me company. I went inside and pulled out my phone.

“Babe, seriously, it’s like seven in the morning. You better have a damn good reason for waking me up.” My best friend Lisa grumbled.

“Quit whining. I’m stuck at my parents all week babysitting and stuff. Please come entertain me.” I begged.

“Why should I? You woke me up before ten.” Lisa asked.

“Because there are some really hot guys working on the new addition to the house, and I was thinking we could chill by the pool and watch them work. It’s summertime which means it’s going to geet really hot and they’re bound to take their shirts off at some point and time.” I tempted her knowing she loves a good piece of eye candy.

“I’ll be there in ten.” I chuckled as I hung up the phone. 

Lisa was on her way and this was bound to be an interesting week.