Chapter 19

It's A Shakespeare Thing

Chapter 19

Cassio

Elianna and I stood in front of each other nose to nose. She wore a glare that would make a young child cry, but there was no way in hell I was backing down from my argument.  We had been fighting for over an hour about whether or not I was checking out some girl at the water park Missy and Blake had taken us to earlier. The damn stubborn girl didn't believe me when I dais I was staring at some guy with an orange and green spiked Mohawk ands piercings.

"Quit lying!" Elianna yelled for the umpteenth time.

"For the thousandth time I'm not lying!" I exclaimed and ran my hands through my hair.

"Get out! Just get out if you won't own up to what you did!" Ellianna screamed pointing to the front door of the pool house. They were still living there until their new house was finished being remodeled.

"This is my parent's pool house. I don't have to leave." I smirked crossing my arms.

"You, you, ugh... you're such a jerk!" Ellianna screamed.

"Let me know when you've calmed down and believe me when I say I wasn't looking at some girl." I quickly kissed her on the cheek and walked out the door leaving her standing there with a stunned expression on her beautiful but pissed off face.

I walked back to my house and entered through the kitchen door. Mom, Dad, Blake, and Missy all watched me curiously as i opened the fridge and started looking for something to eat. I grabbed some left over pizza and stuck one piece in my mouth and held the other as I grabbed a glass from the cabinet by the sink. I poured myself some milk then turned around to see they were all still looking at me.

"What?" I questioned them.

"She sure does sound mad." Dad broke into a smile.

"She'll get over it. Elli needs to learn to trust me." I shrugged.

"Cassio, I hate to break it to you, but Ellianna knows what you're like. It's going to take a lot more than just telling her that you weren't looking at that girl. You're going to have to show her that you really do like her." Missy stated.

"I know. I already have something planned. But you did see that guy, please tell me you saw him?" I begged hoping they didn't think I was lying as well.

"Oh we saw him alright." Blake shook his head.  I breathed out a sigh of relief.

"We're all going out tonight." Mom informed me.

"Perfect, that means I can do what I wanted without interruptions." I grinned rubbing my hands together.

"No funny business. I don't want to be a grandfather just yet." Blake pointed at me.

"We'll be careful." I shrugged.

"I mean it Michael Cassio Aymes. If my daughter turns up pregnant I'm castrating your ass." Blake warned me.

"Alright, I get it. Jeez!" I held my hands up in surrender.

I heard Dad laughing as I walked out of the kitchen and to the hallway closet. Mom always kept the candles and stuff in there. She was going to kill me when she found out I used all her candles, but proving how I feel to Ellianna is worth getting yelled at. I found the picnic basket and a blue, white, and gray plaid blanket and took them to my bedroom along with every white candle I could find. I planned on asking Ellianna to be my girlfriend so tonight had to be perfect.

Our parents left around half past seven. It was just getting dark when I placed everything out. I had spread the candles out all over the pool area. The blanket was spread out on the grass next to the pool, and the picnic basket was filled with fruit and a bottle of sparkling white grape juice. I quickly lit all the candles then made my way to the pool house. I quietly walked in and went to Ellianna's room where I knew she would be.

"What do you want?" She asked grumpily after I knocked on her door.

"To prove to you that I'm serious about us." I told her as I tied the black bandana I had in my back pocket around her eyes.

"Cassio! What do you think you are doing!" Ellianna exclaimed.

"Just trust me, Elli. I promise you won't be disappointed. " I whispered in her ear then proceeded to guide her through the house and out to the pool.

"Cassio..." Elli trailed off not knowing what to say.

"Tell me you trust me before I remove the blindfold." I demanded.

"I trust you." I could hear the uncertainty in her voice.

"No, you have to believe it." I told her.

"I trust you. I do." She repeated more sure of herself this time.

"Open gout eyes." I removed the blind fold and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Oh Cassio... This is- it's beautiful." before I knew what was happening, Ellianna had spun around in my arms and captured my lips with hers.

"Be my girlfriend?" I asked once we broke apart.

"How could I say no after you did all this for me?" She asked with a smile on her face.

The only response I gave her was pressing my lips to hers in a breathtaking kiss. We spent the rest of the night eating the picnic I had made us and gazing up at the stars. I felt pretty good about the whole thing when I walked Ellianna to her room that night leaving her with a kiss goodnight.