Chapter 4

I outwitted Nathan “the insensitive jerk” Parker. He totally thought that I’ll accept his sorry. He doesn’t even know what I felt yesterday because of what he did, and now I’m thinking of what should I do to make John believe that his friend is just pissing me off. Damn!

I found the class room for my major subject. The students were already seated according to surname and the professor is already there, at his seat, staring at me like I’m the worst thing he ever seen for his entire life. He pointed the empty chair at the third row, and I automatically moved to that seat. I paced towards the seat and placed my book bag underneath the table. At my front view, a girl in ponytail was seated. She has pink ribbon, pink notebook, pink ballpoint pen, pink nail polish, and I think all of her things were all pink. She stared at me when she noticed I was awkwardly observing her things. I stopped looking at her when I saw her eyes met to mine. This is awkward Dave. I said at the back of my mind.

The professor stood up, and unlike the other professors he didn’t asked for our registration form. He explained the topics that we will talk about and his rules and regulations inside the class: No late. Pass the Exams.

I hope I’ll pass this subject.

I walked out from my classroom, and waited for Abigail at the hallway. She told me that she’ll meet me there after her class. I waited there and kept on looking at other students doing their own business. It’s not bad at all. I get the chance to see different faces of people. Some of them were giving advices about how to get a hot guy. Some of them were giving books about science fiction. Those things really gave me the reason for staying at that school: Real life may not be totally at school; at least I could still feel it.

It was about 8 minutes after Abigail showed up. She was smiling and running towards me, and she’s holding a piece of white paper. I don’t why she was running and, at the same time, I could see excitement in her face.

“Why are you happy? I asked her as she tried to catch her breath

“Andrei, can you sing?” she said

“A little. Why?”

“Yipiee. Please try for this!” she said and she showed me the paper she was holding, it says

Hello! We’re looking for someone who has a voice and confidence to sing in front of our school! If you’re interested, you can go to our office at the main building. Thank you, and see you at auditions!

Nathalie Smith (President – Theater  and Art Organization)

“Abby, I can’t. Sorry”

“Please, Andrei. Please” And there she gave me a puppy eyes, and pleaded for my approval. But, I don’t have the guts to sing a song in front of a large audience! I might end up vomiting at every part of the stage. That’s gross. So, I told Abigail that I’ll think about it, and she gave me the look saying ‘you better do, because once you don’t, friendship’s over’.

My next class will start in a minute, and I’m still there at the hallway, feeling like I’m floating and walking at the moon as I decide if I’ll go to the auditions or not. I stared at the paper and then in just a span of seconds, someone snatched it from me.

“Hey!” I shouted. I really thought that it was Nathan Parker, who snatched the paper, but it wasn’t him. It’s John Wilson! What should I do? Should I hide? Run? Smile? Oh crap! My thoughts were all flying at my mind like they’re about to escape from my head.

“So, you’re planning to join this club, than the volleyball team?” He said as he frowned while reading the paper.

Oh! I totally forgot that I left the initiation yesterday. This is all Parker’s fault.