Chapter 5

Holding a black guitar, and wearing a black hoodie. Nathan Parker sat at the stage and prepares to sing his chosen song. The idea of Nathan playing a guitar and singing is just an out of this world. It’s ridiculous. Is he just here to bug me again and again?

The judges told him to start, and I could see him giving me a smirk and little by little he strummed the strings of his guitar. He’s a good guitarist - Seriously. The way he moves his fingers and the way he creates the beat of the song. Girls from the backstage started to watch him, since they know that he is part of the BND. They are watching pathetically the Parker Jerk playing a guitar at the stage.  Seriously, it was just a jerk playing a guitar, what’s the big deal?

The song that Parker’s playing is familiar. He opened his mouth and I was impressed by his voice. He sounds like an angel. I mean the voice. I hate to say this, but I think he’s handsome on the stage. He’s perfect, I guess. But still, I don’t like his attitude towards me…

Today is a winding road that's taking me

To places that I didn't want to go, whoa

Today in the blink of an eye

I'm holding on to something

And I do not know why I tried

It’s one of my favorite songs. I can feel that my heart beats so fast. Abigail at my side was really star struck to see Parker play a guitar and at the same time sing a song. The song talks about someone who can’t find himself because he’s madly in love. I can feel that Parker’s emotions were enveloping the whole auditorium. The way he stares the judges makes me feel that he’s the one who wrote the song, and suddenly he stared directly to me, and I can feel vibrations all over my body, as he sing…

I tried to read between the lines

I tried to look in your eyes

I want a simple explanation

For what I'm feeling inside

I gotta find a way out

Maybe there's a way out

Is he trying to tease me, or what? Even though he’s actually performing there, he still wants to annoy me with his eyes and his annoying smile. I hate this! And I can feel real a vibration in my pocket – yes, my cellphone is ringing. I held my cellphone out my pocket, and there I saw someone calling but the number wasn’t registered or saved.  I pressed the button “ACCEPT”.

“Hello?” I said awkwardly.

“Hi! Is this Andrei Stoner?” said the voice, and it’s a male’s voice.

“Yes, may know who’s this?”

“Andrei! It’s me, John!” OH MY GOD. My eyes went wide and I don’t know what to say anymore.

“Ho-how d-di-dd-did you get my digits?”

“Connections with professors. By the way, meet me at the cafeteria.”

“Why?”

“I thought, we’re going to hang out? Did you change your mind?”

“No, I mean. Sure, I’ll be there. See you!”

I told Abigail that I’ll be going to meet John, and she just nodded at me, since she was too busy focusing her eyes to Nathan. I rushed to the cafeteria with butterflies flying in my stomach. I really wish everything will go smoothly.

Nathan Parker’s Point of View

I was there at the backstage waiting for my turn. I don’t know why I’m here. But still, I could hear Stoner’s voice as he sing a song at the front of the judges. I went to take a peek from the curtains of the backstage, and there I saw Andrei singing and at the same time shining. I like how he sings the song, it’s like full of emotions. I really don’t know why I kept on admiring him but I really think he’s too cute for a guy. How I wish he could be a girl.