Chapter 3- Mama

Whilst this was all going on, everyone was walking to the Death Room as stated.

"I know that I'll be praised as a wonderful man for my service." Ox was parading his apparent achievements and Hero just about had enough.

"Ox, please be quiet. Nobody cares." Hero droned, annoyed that he had to carry Ox's bags. Ox scowled.

"Quiet, Bag Boy." He hissed. "You followed Excalibur. You're an idiot."

"You do realise that was 4 months ago. That experience changed me. I'm a new man now because of that disgraceful oaf." Hero protested. "I am no 'bag boy' so be quiet."

"Idiot!"

"I think Hero has a point for once." Soul spoke up. Hero looked relieved. "Even if he is a little bit of an idiot."

"Hey! Not you too!" Hero exclaimed. "Thanks though."

"It's cool. You have actually cleaned up your act a bit though which is good. I actually really respect you as a person now. You're still a bit easy to give in to the whole man slavery thing though." Soul picked up Ox's bags and threw them at their owner. Ox scowled at him. Soul patted Hero's shoulder. "Keep up the good work, man."

"We're nearly here" Jackie stated, interrupting the whole drama that Ox decided "I wonder what we're doing!"

"I hope it's something good." Maka agreed.

In the Death Room, Kid was the first person to walk inside- eating the biscuits he had bought earlier.

"Father. I'm feeling rather stressed. I just realised this biscuit isn't the same size as the others." He began.

His father cocked his masked head to the side.

"Well you're taking a bite out of it. Then it wouldn't be the same size as the others." Lord Death explained.

Death the Kid stood there a while. "Oh. Yeah."

Following Death the Kid's entrance was his twin pistols, Patty and Liz, and the demon swordsman Crona.

Liz approached Kid. "How on earth does your poor dad have to deal with someone like you? Seriously, I get stressed out as your partner.  Your dad has had you since your birth. Jesus."

Cocking his head to the side, much like Lord Death did, Kid looked at her. "I'm not that bad... right? Right?"

Liz and her father exchanged glances.

Kid shook his head. "Maybe you're right... What do you think, Crona?"

No answer. Instead, Crona was too much in awe to answer his question. Patty was demonstrating an odd technique of fighting in which, in Crona's opinion, was the best thing he had ever seen. His face flushed red.

"Wow. Sorry Kid, but he's too deep in Planet Patricia right now to hear you." Liz smirked.

Crona looked at Liz. "Huh? Sorry. Did I miss something?" He looked stressed.

"Yeah, he kinda asked you what he thought of him?"

Kami stood, looking at the lanky androgynous boy. She gave him a smile.

"Whoops. Sorry." Crona nodded shyly. "Well... Kid.. In all honesty. You're a great guy."

Kid beamed. "Thank you! I'm glad."

"But."

"But?"

"The whole symmetry thing gives me the creeps."