Chapter 6- Eventful Days in Death City

"Okay everyone! Practical examinations are coming up soon so I want you to demonstrate and practice as many skills as you can. This will go towards the residential's practice too. Lets go!" Sid announced to the crowd of students who stood outside in the courtyard, ready to practice.

Maka patted Soul's shoulder. "We can do this! I don't wanna drag us down as a team so we'll have to practice hard okay?"

"Sure thing. I know you'll do well, we're a good team." Soul agreed as they got themselves ready.

Sid continued. "So group up with another team for opposition. Remember, keep it friendly and disarm them only."

Everyone had grouped together. Black Star and Tsubaki paired with Maka and Soul. Death the Kid with Liz and Patty stood opposite Crona- their opposition. Killik and the pots faced Ox and Harvar.

A young girl with auburn hair and hazel eyes stood alone. The girl was cute looking, and rather short in height; She was slim and had a light presence.  She seemed lost, until she spotted Hero standing alone too.  Approaching him, she spoke up.

"Are you alone?" She asked.

Hero nodded.

"I wonder if I could work with you. I'm alone too. What are you? Weapon or Meister?"

"A Meister. I'm not really well liked, and my last weapon partner got really sick so she couldn't come to school anymore.  So I'm alone." He explained.

"Oh. That's awful. But I'm a weapon, which is good. I'm pretty easy at matching wavelengths too. Would you like to weild me?" She asked.

"Sure. You're so kind." Hero spoke, smiling.

She grinned at him. "It's fine! My name is Rinko, by the way. Rinko Akise."

"Hero." He held his hand out. "Hero Sakamoto. Nice to meet you, Rinko."

"Are you two wanting to combat with us?" A voice spoke. Jackie. She was welcoming. Kim stood beside her.

The pair nodded, before Rinko matched wavelengths with him and turned into her weapon form- a double edged longsword.

Everyone was ready to go.

"Okay. Everyone get in your positions. And, fight!" Sid gave the signal and watched the students begin their practices.

Black Star thrusted forward towards Maka, wielding Tsubaki in her chain scythe mode. He swung it and attempted to grasp a grip on the handle of Soul's scythe form.

"Oh no you don't!" Maka slid back, avoiding Black Star's attack. She leapt forward and swiftly moved her petite frame around Black Star- snagging at the chain.

Black Star gripped the handles and swung around, pushing Maka back. She stayed steady on her feet, however.

Meanwhile, Kid was busy fighting Crona. He attacked with his pistols, trying to disarm the sword from his grasp. This deemed difficult because he was afraid of hitting him.

A bullet skimmed Crona's hand.

"Oh crap." Kid cursed himself. "Apologies Crona, it's awfully difficult to shoot at a weapon at this proximity. I'm scared I'll hit you."

Crona dodged another one. Adrenaline pumping through the veins of black blood. "Don't worry!" He laughed. "I'm pretty pumped. Plus I have black blood, remember? I can totally just get Ragnarok to guard me."

"Let's charge up! I'm starting to lose my velocity a bit." Patty suggested.

Liz agreed. "Same. Kid step back for ten seconds."