»»----- 6 -----««

"Ms. Wing-"

     "Ashlee."

     The rat smiles. "Ashlee. I hope you do not mind staying with us."

     "It's fine."

     It really wasn't. Ashlee wanted to return to her own home with her parents. She wanted to return to school, surprisingly. She was still set on everything that had happened was merely a dream. Mutant turtle ninja teenagers? A mutant ninja-master rat? It all seemed like a far-fetched dream. Of course, so did the Kraang and they were certainly real.

     "I wish not to inform of the situation at hand," Splinter says.

     "Why not?"

     "It is yet too early. Our goal is to protect the city and now you. The less you know, the safer you will be." He strokes his beard. "Even when it is safe for you to return, you must forget my sons. You must forget me."

     Ashlee shrugs. "That'll be difficult."

     "It is in your best interest. But, until then, you must stay down here."

     Ashlee stood and waved as she walked out of the dojo. "Thank you!"

     She was unaccustomed to their ways of doing anything and forgot to bow. The ultimate sign of disrespect. Master Splinter smiled as she left and returned to his meditation.

     Two new guests had arrived in the lair. They mingled with the turtle brothers. The red-haired girl and sloppy hockey player were easily recognizable: Casey Jones and April O'Neil.

     Casey crosses his arms. "Oh. This Ashlee?"

     "Yeah, 'this Ashlee.'" Raph rolls his eyes. "How many Ashlee's do you know?"

     "Only one," Casey says and shrugs. "Just wanted to make sure I knew exactly who we're dealing with."

     Donnie frowns. "You're an idiot, Jones."

     "I'm getting smarter!" He defends.

     "Doubt it," Donnie mumbles.

     "Stop it you two," April growls. "There are more important things to talk about."

     "Like what?" Raph questions suspiciously.

     "Well-"

      April elbows Casey and shakes her head. "She needs to be the one to explain."

      The two walk off into a room even larger than the open living room. Ashlee questions their purpose for being here. It is, after all, past midnight. This reminded her of her urgent errand.

     "I have to go."

     "You can't," Leo says.

     "No. I mean I have to."

     "Why don't you tell us what's going on?" Raph crosses his arms.

     Ashlee scoffs. "I explain what's going on? My apartment was just raided by aliens and I was kidnapped by frogs. My business is the least of your worries right now."

     "Turtles," Raph growls. "We're turtles."

     "I know."

     "Your life is now our responsibility," Leo says. "You and your family are now targeted. You're not safe."

     "It's all Donnie's fault," Mikey adds.

     The tallest turtle frowns. "Thanks."

     Ashlee shakes her head. "Fine, but my business is my business; and I really have to go."

     "Then we have to go with you," Leo says.

     "No."

     "We have to."

     "You can't."

     "We will."

     Ashlee shakes her head and stomps her feet. "If you go, you absolutely can't interfere."

     "No-"

     "Deal," Raph says, cutting Leo off.

    "But-"

     "I just want to get out of there already," Raph says. "We have more important things to do."

     "You can't make that decision," Leo growls.

     "I just did."

     "I make these decisions, Raph."

     "Well," Ashlee cuts in. "Since I'm the guest, I decide that I want to go with the red one's decision."

     "I have a name."

     "I know."

     "You can't just-"

     "I can," Ashlee says. "This is my life I have to deal with. I have to do this on my own. If you don't like it, then you are not invited."

     Ashlee walks out of the lair, slowly being followed by a stunned Donnie and Mikey.

     Raph nods and smiles. "She's fun."

     "Not really," Leo mumbles, following his brothers and their new acquaintance.