»»----- 9 -----««

Ashlee was tired. It was too late, or too early, for her to be awake. But she was too angry and sad to fall asleep. She did not like the situation she was in.

     She sat, arms and legs crossed in Donatello's lab. Ashlee watched as he analyzed the drugs, Leo closely watching over his shoulder.

     Donatello sits back, lifting the goggles to the top of his head. "I told you, Leo. Nothing fancy."

     The leader frowns. "We're going to head back tomorrow. I don't believe this is it."

     "Whatever you say," Donnie mumbles, rubbing his hands over his eyes.

     Leo left the lab, leaving the smartest brother and their new friend. Ashlee stood and walked over to Donatello.

     "Why do you listen to him?"

     "I don't blame him. You need to sleep." Donatello stands. "We have some guest bedrooms you can borrow."

     "I want to go home."

     Donnie looks down and shakes his head. Sighing, he lifts his head and smiles, walking past her. "Follow me."

     Pouting, Ashlee stubbornly follows the mutant. She watched him lead her from the lab through the turtle's home. He was much taller than her but thinner than his brothers. Either way, she was terrified of them. How could she trust them? She couldn't; that was the simple answer. What if they weren't as good as they claimed? What if they were luring her into a trap, befriending her before they eat her?

     Donnie opens the door to a spare bedroom. "Here we are."

     Ashlee entered the room. There wasn't much in there. A bed and a closet. It was something she really wasn't used to, but Ashlee didn't mind. She had no intention of staying here for long.

     "Try to get some sleep," Donnie says. "If you need anything, I'll most likely be up all night. You know where to find me."

      Ashlee felt guilty for being so stubborn and untrusting. But she could not and would not let her guard down just yet. Donnie left before she could thank him.

     Slowly, she sat down on the bed, looking around. She laid on top of the sheets, staring at the ceiling. Rolling to her side, Ashlee faced the door. She was terrified. Everything that had happened was too much. Surely, she was dreaming all of this.

     Ashlee closes her eyes, hoping that falling asleep would wake her from her dream.

     It did not.

     The purple dragons led Nathan and his friends to what they could only assume to be an old, abandoned church. They had been here only once before when the dragons had picked up Nathan and his friends when they had been walking home from school. They all hated this place and hated who lurked inside. Fear was the only thing they could feel.

     The group came across two doors. Soldiers, dressed in black, opened them, allowing the Dragons to enter, pushing their recruits in front of them. Forced to their knees, Nathan and his friends avoided as much eye-contact with the man who sat before them on top of a stone throne.

     "Speak," the man growls.

     Silent, at first, Hun nudged Nathan's shoulder. "They're... real."

     "Who?"

     "Those turtles! They really are real."

     "Of course they are." The armored man stood, fists clenched. "It is time you've met my other associates."