»»----- 5 -----««

"Splinter is going to kill us," Raph mumbles.

     "Only Donnie," Mikey whispers.

     Donnie frowns. "It wasn't my fault."

     "If you hadn't dropped your weapon off the side of the building, we wouldn't be in this mess," Raph growls.

     "It's not like I did it on purpose."

     "Just shut up," Leo orders.

      He led the team inside the lair. To Ashlee's surprise, it was well organized and homey for being an abandoned subway station. In an odd way, it was beautiful. It was simple.

     The peaceful moment only lasted for so long. Ashlee returned to her shocked, confused, and scared state of mind. She didn't know where she was and she didn't know what had happened to the rest of her family.

     "What's going on?" Ashlee questions. "Why me? I didn't do anything. All I did was pick up that stupid stick. What's so important about it?"

     Raph crosses his arms. "Absolutely nothing."

     Donnie pouts as he holds the Bo Staff close. "It's special..."

     Leo rolls his eyes and steps in front of Ashlee. "You were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You should've ran."

     Ashlee scrunches her nose and furrows her brows. "I was defending myself."

     "We had it covered," Raph says nonchalantly.

     "How was I supposed to know?!" Ashlee snaps. She turns to the smartest and tallest turtle of the group. "And you! You locked my dad out! He could have come with us!"

     "That was my call," Leo says.

     "Why?!"

     "I couldn't guarantee your safety. More Kraang were coming. We had to leave."

     "And what about my dad's safety?! They'll kill him!"

     Leo shakes his head. "They won't. He's useful. You, on the other hand, would only make for a good test subject."

     "That's very rude of you."

     "I've seen your math."

     "It was you?!"

     Donnie laughs. "These idiots couldn't even comprehend what you were trying to. Don't worry, I fixed everything for you. It was too hard to not to correct everything."

     Ashlee says her shoulders and frowns. "Thanks," she mumbles.

     "The Kraang have been gathering scientists for months," Leo says, resuming the main topic. "We don't know what for."

     "How do you know they're not torturing them?"

     Raph shrugs. "They might be. The Kraang are smart though. Probably need more brainpower."

     "Hardly," Donnie says. "They may know a lot, but they don't know everything about Earth and its species."

     "Exactly. More brainpower."

     Donnie groans. "This family is so dumb."

     "That's not very nice," Ashlee says, rather disappointed.

     "It's the truth. I can't handle their stupidity."

     "Hey!" Ashlee shouts. "I'm stupid."

    "No, you're not. You-"

    "We get so off-topic," Leo sighs.

     Mikey smiles. "I like it."

     The brothers lead Ashlee to the lab. Before they would speak to their master, they would bandage their wounds, just as they always would when necessary.

     While Donnie checked his brothers and himself, bandaging cuts and bruises and picking out any glass pieces, Ashlee wandered the space. For such a large room, almost all the space was occupied. The desk was cluttered and disorganized. The left wall, only a couple feet from the desk and behind a small counter containing different chemicals and liquids, was decorated with pictures. Most of the pictures consisted of the turtles. They looked happy, almost like any ordinary family (except for the fact that they were giant mutant ninja turtles). She smiled.

     Ashlee noticed two other figures present in a lot of the pictures. Their features were strikingly human. She recognized the red hair and the boy's ridiculous wannabe skeleton mask and hockey stick.

     "April and Casey?"

     Mikey, who had been watching Donnie tend to his cuts, looks up. "You know them?"

     "Yeah." Ashlee nods. "We go to the same school."

     Leo smiles. "Good. That should make our situation less awkward."

     "Actually... this makes everything worse."

     "We know Casey is dumb, but he's not that bad," Raph says. "April isn't nearly as much of a pain as Casey."

     "It's not that. They just hate me."

     "Why?" Mikey asks.

     Ashlee shrugs. "I don't know."

     That was a lie. She knew full well why they disliked her. In fact, a lot of people didn't like her. Either everybody knew or were suspicious. The only people who liked her were those who simply did not care or those who thought she could hook them up. But alas, most people hated her. Her parents were reputable which pretty much allowed Ashlee to do whatever she felt like, within some basic guidelines.