10

Later that day after we were packed up again and ready to leave I decided that I need to face it. And with that I mean I need to face HIM. But I can't just walk in their bus and talk to him. First I need mental support. I take out the letter and my phone and start dealing the number, reading the by now familiar words written on the paper again. After a few rings I hear that always happy voice answering. "Hello who are you and how can I help you unknown stranger?" She laughs. I smile. How can she always be so happy? "Hey it's me hayley!" I say. "I think I need your help.... I'm going to face Chad before we leave this area...." "oh honey this sounds great!" She cheers.
"Where are we gonna meet?"
"I don't know...."
She interrupts me:"I know! I'll be at your bus in 10 so be ready!" She hangs up. What was that again? Oh well.... we still have an hour until we leave... I guess that's enough time. I go to the bathroom to apply some make up. Just when I finish my eyeliner I hear a knock on the door but before I can go out she's already standing in front of me taking my arm and dragging me out of the bus. "You'll leave in an hour we need to hurry!" She comments. "Hello to you too" I laugh a little confused. "Where are we going?" "You'll see!" She seems to ignore me but a short walk later we are standing in front of her bus. "Adam! Didn't I tell you to get that guitar up there?" She shouts into an open window. Shortly later a guy with short blonde hair comes out with a guitar in his hands. He gives it to ash who takes it when he starts to climb up a ladder at the side of the bus. When he's at the top ash hands him the guitar and motions for me to climb up. I do as told and suddenly sitting on top of a bus. It's slowly getting dark and I can hear the headliner bands playing in the distance. "Guys! Is there anything you did besides gaming?" Adam Shrugs and another guy comes out and throws a blanket and a backpack on the bus roof. "Thanks Keith!" Ash comments and I realize that adams gone. With a loud noise the bus door closes after the boys disappeared in it. Ashs relationship with the boys is strange... she somehow just commands them but they actually listen to her and treat her gentleman like instead of doing the same. Maybe she's not like this all the time...

"Okay girl. As a singer and songwriter-you actually write your songs yourself don't you?" I nod. "I don't have to tell you that the best way of expressing your feelings is putting it into a song right?" I nod again. "Okay so go ahead... you are confused about your feelings... so it's something like 'l don't know what I want..." she opens the back pack and takes out a piece of paper and a pen and begins to write it down. "What do you say?" She asks. "I'm having thoughts I should not have because I actually have a boyfriend..." she stops in her tracks and her eyes burn a hole in me head. Then she looks down again "go ahead?" I don't get this girl.... but from one to the other moment a melody with lyrics flies through my head.

"Now when I caught myself
I had to stop myself
From saying something
That I should've never thought
Now when I caught myself
I had to stop myself
From saying something
That I should've never thought of you of you

I stop. Not knowing what just happens. "Yes that's great! Go on!" Ash says as her fingers quickly move over the paper. I shrug.

"I know in my head it's not you"

She whispers sunk in her thoughts as she picks up the guitar. "Can you play?" She asks. I nod my head and 15 minutes later we had half of a song written. But now it was time to face him... "you're ready now!" She says and I nod unsure if I really am. She hugs me and pushes me in the direction of his bus. She knocks on the door and I take a deep breath. Memories come back into my head of another eventful night.

Flashback
We knock on the green wooden scary looking door and I inhale loudly keeping it in my lungs for a little longer to make sure I get more of the needed oxygen than needed. Unsure I look up to a supportive face. She nods telling me it's okay and before I am ready the door opens.
"Hello miss Williams! Hayley!"she nods.
"Hello Mrs Farro!" Mom greets her.
"Hi" I mumble.
"Josh is in his room. It's upstairs the first door on the left side. You should know it by the music coming out of the room" she laughs.
"Thank you" I whisper feeling triggered to go there which was the last thing I wanted to do.