Chapter 5: Reunion

2 years has passed after Lily and her mother left Baron Kelvin's manor. News began to spread about how he was bedridden and undergo numerous plastic surgeries on himself. Another reason why his wife abandoned him was because of his obsession too. To Lily, she didn't bother to know about his condition because she is living happily with her mother in the Rowans Manor.

In the Rowans Manor, Lily was in the Rowans Study room. Her once short brown hair has grown longer which makes her even beautiful. She has grown a bit taller. Then, her mother's most trusted butler came in.

"Lily-sama," said the head butler, Alfred. "It's time for lunch."

"Thank you, Alfred," Lily replied once she closed the book.

In the dining room, Lily was slowly savouring her meal. She always loved the family chef's cooking. 

"It's really delicious!" Lily commented.

"I will tell the chef about it, Lily-sama," said Alfred. "Lily-sama, I do believe you have already heard about the news of your father."

Lily placed her fork and knife down on the table and looked at Alfred seriously. 

"Alfred," began Lily. "If you talk about that man again, I might as well stop eating my meal. I have no appetite when it comes to that man."

"I didn't mean to talk about it, Lily-sama," Alfred apologised with a bow. "You see...Madam gave me an order to tell you to go to his mansion to retrieve photo book from the Baron's manor."

"A photo book?" Lily repeated.

According to Alfred, it seems her mother has left a photo book in the previous manor. Because she was too busy, she decided to ask her daughter to help take it for her. Lily knew that she can't refuse her mother and she decided to pay a visit to her previous home again. Once she arrived, the maid opened the door to let her in. Luckily, the baron was out much to Lily's relief. When she was about to leave, the maid stopped her and gave Lily a letter to read.

"What is this?" Lily asked while holding the letter.

"This letter is for the children that the Baron has adopted," said the maid. "It was supposed to be for the Baron to send but I think it's alright to let Lily-sama to send it."

"Renbourn Workhouse," Lily read the address and smiled to the maid. "I will send the letter."

"Thank you very much, Lily-sama," said the maid.

The carriage was on its way to the Renbourn Workhouse. Lily kept on looking at the letter. She kept wondering...when did her father decided to adopt children? She knew her father was doing charity work but why...children?

"We're here, Lily-sama," Alfred called once they have arrived.

Lily looked at the little wooden house. It does seem the children did get to live in a good condition on top of a mountain. She walked to the house and decided to knock on the door. But..nobody answered it.

"I guess no one is in...," said Lily with a sigh.

"Hello, is there anything I can help yer?"

Lily's eyes widened at the voice. She could recognize the voice immediately. She turned to look behind and met a young man who was carrying fruits on his left arm. Her eyes met purple ones. His once short orange hair has grown a bit longer. This time he wasn't wearing any ragged clothes. His right sleeve without his right arm was flowing up in the air caused by the wind blowing. He has grown taller than the last time she saw him. His eyes widened when he saw her...

"Li...ly?" The young man with no right arm called. 

"Eh?" Lily squeaked.

"Lily, is it you?" The young man asked again as he placed the fruits down on the ground and show her the small medicine bottle. "It's me. The boy from the gutter."

Tears began to escape from her eyes. Without thinking, she ran to him and gave him a hug causing him to fall on the ground. She was crying as she tightened her hold around him.

"I miss you! I miss you so much!" Lily shouted as she buried her face on his neck. 

The young man was feeling surprised as he placed his left arm to soothe her back. He stroked her soft, long brown hair gently and closed his eyes with a smile.

"It's good to see you again," the young man said with a smile. "Lily."