Chapter 8: Escape

To my dear readers,

First of all, thank you for reading my story. I wanted to apologize for the late delay of publishing the story. I have been busy with my job that I didn't have time to write. I'm terribly sorry!! >< For Joker story, this will be the final chapter but I will add two more chapters to end along with it. I hope I won't take too long to finish it.

To those who are reading my other work which is [Merman Haruka], the next chapter will be late to publish... My plan is to finish up Joker story first then I will focus on Haru story.

Once again, I'm really really sorry! Without further ado, here is the new chapter and enjoy~! :D
__________________________________________________________________________________

Lily was on her bed while hugging her pillow as she looked up the wide ceiling in her room. She began to recall her memories about her conversation with Joker.

-Flashback-

"I'm going to get engage...," said Lily looking at Joker.

"Eh?" Joker squeaked.

"I'm sorry I can't be your first customer...for your circus...," began Lily as she tried to hold back her tears. "How...I wish I can be like all of you..."

"Lily...," Joker squeaked and he was about to touch her.

Lily looked up and tears were streaming down her cheeks which caused Joker feeling surprised. "Well, I wish you a great success," said Lily as she gave him a weak smile. "Goodbye, Joker."

Without letting Joker to say anything, Lily left...

-End of flashback-

She placed her pillow to cover her face and cried again. This time she cried herself to sleep. For five consecutive days, she didn't visit them making her friends to worry about her.

"Lily hasn't been visiting us lately...," said Dagger.

"Is she busy?" Peter asked looking at Wendy.

"It's weird of her not coming for a visit," said Wendy.

"Lily...," Jumbo squeaked her name.

"Hey Joker, does Lily know about our moving?" Beast asked as she looked at Joker.

Joker kept quiet as he sits on a barrel while holding a lily in his hand. He kept on twisting it left and right as his friends sighed at his silence. Doll came as she holds his shirt.

"Hey Joker, is something wrong with Lily?" Doll asked.

Joker didn't respond Doll. He kept on thinking about his conversation with Lily when she told him that she was going to get engage. He knew he has feelings for her... He didn't like the idea of her getting engage to someone else. He knew they were from two different worlds...yet, he still can't forget about her. Looking at the lily once again, he remember how she was about to cry in front of him when he could do nothing to help her.

"How...I wish I can be like all of you...," said Lily.

Then, he stopped. He looked at his friends seriously.

"We're going to get Lily," said Joker finally.

"Huh?" Everyone squeaked.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Finally, the day to visit the Crawford has finally arrived. Catherine was happy as she can't wait to meet her future son-in-law. As for Lily, she didn't smile like she used to. She looked at herself in the mirror as she dressed herself in a dress that her mother has prepared for her for this special occasion. Then, she noticed two lilies on her glass. It reminded herself of Joker.

"How did you do that?!" Lily shouted feeling excited with the sudden appeared. "It's like magic!"

"Joker," he finally said.

"Eh?" She squeaked as she looked at him.

"My name is Joker," said Joker smiling with his eyes closed. "Here~ A flower for a beautiful lady~"

Lily began to blush and took the lily from Joker. "Thank you," said Lily with a shy smile. "Joker."

A smile was formed on her face. For her, that was the best memory. She couldn't forget her friends. She really enjoyed it. When she went to play, she will forget the fact that she is the daughter from a noble family. No manners...no formalities...no acting in front of rich ladies and their daughters who tried to become friends with her... She knew she will miss them. Her real friends.

"I guess they have already moved...," said Lily sadly still looking at the lilies. She whispered his name quietly. "...Joker."

Lily was about to go to the door when a rock threw on the window. Lily was surprised at the sound so she decided to check it out. She went to the window and opened it. At the moment she looked down, she was surprised to see three familiar faces.

"Hey Lil! We're here to get you!" Peter shouted who was sitting on Jumbo's left shoulder. 

"Peter! Jumbo!" Lily shouted happily to see her friends again. Then, her eyes focused on another as she began to whisper his name. "Joker..."

Joker looked up and their eyes met. "Lily, come with us!" Joker shouted. "I promise we will take good care of yer!"

"Jo...ker...," Lily squeaked and tears began to escape from her eyes. She can't believe her friends actually came to get her.  

"If ya wanted to come, don't forget to pack!" Peter shouted excitedly.

Lily nodded and she just pack which she think were important to bring. Then, she wrote a letter and placed it on the table. With one last look at the door, Lily tried to hold herself from crying and went to the balcony again. 

"Just throw your luggage! Jumbo here will catch it!" Peter shouted. 

Lily threw her luggage and Jumbo actually catches it. Another problem for Lily was...how can she get down from the balcony? Suddenly, Joker extended his left arm and it seems like he was ready to catch her.

"Lily! Jump!" Joker shouted.

Lily blushed and looked worried."But...your arm...," Lily told him.

Joker gave her a reassured smile which makes Lily's eyes widened. "Believe me," said Joker. "I will catch yer definitely!" Without another thought, Lily closed her eyes and began to jump from the balcony. Then, Joker actually catches her. It wasn't a perfect landing because they actually fell on the soft grass. "I caught you." Lily opened her eyes when she heard him said that and they looked at each other. "Good job, Lily," said Joker as he tucked her hair to her ear.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Alfred knocked on the door to check if Lily was ready. No answer... Quickly, he opened the door and realized she wasn't in her room. He noticed a letter and quickly rushed to Catherine. Catherine quickly opened the letter and was shocked to read it.

"I'm sorry. Please do not worry about me. Lily."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the end, Lily followed Joker and the rest. She felt guilty to leave her beloved mother but this was all for her sake not to get married. Without making any delays, they began to leave. It was night time and everyone fell asleep due to the fatigue  except for Joker and Lily. Lily was sitting beside Joker as she leans her head on his left shoulder.

"Hey Joker...," Lily whispered softly and was feeling tired.

"Yes Lily?" Joker replied feeling tired too.

"Thank you...," said Lily.

"Ah...," said Joker and they fell asleep together while holding hands.

5 years has passed after that and this is the beginning of the Noah's Ark Circus...

***I know there isn't much Joker with reader/Lily in the previous chapters but I will try to make one in the next two chapters. ><