Chapter 9: Snake

In the streets of London, a man was hanging a poster on the wall

In the streets of London, a man was hanging a poster on the wall. Once the man left, crowds began to gather to see what was written. The poster was written in bold capital letters...

"THE NOAH ARK CIRCUS"

Thus, our story will bring us to the rumour circus... Somewhere...far from town, circus tents were set up and the performers were helping each other carrying their stuffs. Then, the bell rang. All of them stopped working because it was time for dinner. They began to line up as they can't wait for their food to be serve. Most of them were men. However, they were not only looking forward to the food but from the cook herself...

"Thank you for your hard work!" Lily said with a bright smile.

It was actually Lily. It is hard to believe she used to be the same young lady born from a noble family. 5 years have passed ever since that day... She made her decision to escape from the arranged marriage which was set up by her mother and escaped with Joker.

"Enjoy your food," said Lily serving the food while holding the ladle.

The man blushed. He was indeed tall and muscular. When he first started working in the circus, he fell in love with her. Well, it was love at first sight. Then, his friends began to poke him.

"What're you doing? You're here to confess, right?" His friend whispered softly to his ear.

The man gulped. "Umm...Mi...Miss Li...Li...Lily...," the man mumbled.

"Hm?" Lily squeaked as she turned to look at the man. "Yes? May I help you with something?"

"Well...you...you...see...," began the man as he can't stop himself from stuttering.

Still feeling nervous, he didn't notice someone was walking towards them.

"Is it not enough?" Lily said as she began to stir the pot. "Let me see if we still have more."

"No, it's enough! Umm...Miss Lily, will you go...go out wi...with...," said the man whose face was really red.

Suddenly, someone wrapped his arms around Lily's waist from behind. Lily noticed his prosthetic arm and she recognized his voice immediately.

"What are we having, Lily?"

Lily looked up to see Joker behind her. She blushed immediately when she noticed their faces were really close like they were about to kiss.

"Joker!" Lily shouted.

Joker laughed. Then, his eyes turn to look at the man. He was telling him that he has no chance with her. With that, the man walked away with his friend earning a pat behind the back.

"Joker, let go!" Lily pouted but her voice wasn't angry. "People are looking!"

Joker laughed again because he loved to see her making different kind of faces. He decided to let go of her. Once he did that, the others came. Dagger, Peter, Wendy, Jumbo, Beast, Doll and Snake came together after finishing their training. All are wearing their costumes. (You know how they look like if you watch the anime)