Chapter 5

~Country of Dogs~

Weeks passed since Aurora moved in the Phantomhive manor. Tanaka insist that he would take care of the young miss, but Aurora would insist on doing things herself and for him to relax. Her reason was that she wants to try to experience doing things herself. She would help out with gardening as Finnian would try to show off, but he ends up over doing things and Aurora would be the one teaching him how to do things. Then whenever she passes Mey-rin in the halls, she would insist on helping her with her task. And occasionally, she would stop by the kitchen and help out Baldroy, often complimenting him on his skills.

Sebastian was glad there were no disasters since Aurora arrived, but he was not very fond with that fact that Aurora's way of avoiding him was spending time with the other human servants. He insists on bringing things to her, but he couldn't say 'no' to Tanaka. During occasions when he does answer to her needs, the deed would have been done and she had done it by herself.

Ciel notices the strange behavior Sebastian was acting, but did nothing. When his sister wasn't helping out his useless servants, she would be spending time with him. Often she would help with the paperwork. A few times while Ciel had finished his lessons, he would find the paperwork to be finished, and was well organized on his desk. Having a sibling like her had cons like he doesn't know if she was really human, he never knew she existed, he knows little information about her, being teased... and the fact that she's dangerous. But it had more pros than he imagined like annoying paperwork would be finished before he even looks at it, there were no disasters with the useless servants, she would answer everything he asks about herself and sometimes facts about grim reapers and demons that he didn't know about, she slightly acted like a mother-figure, she does things mostly herself, she wasn't useless, she keeps unnecessary things away, she would even bring him sweets sometimes better than Sebastian's, her cooking was at the same level as the demon as well... and most of all... she was another powerful piece on his chessboard.

  ___________________________________________________________________  

All of the residents of the Phantomhive manor was now on a trip. Ciel got a letter from the queen about convincing the Lord of the area to turn the place into a resort. Even the servants were invited... mostly because Ciel did not want to come back to find the manor to be destroyed.

Aurora was next to Ciel in the carriage Sebastian was driving, while the servants were in a separate one with Tanaka driving. Once they arrived at the entrance to the village, they were a bit disturbed to see dead trees with rusty collars, animal skulls and bones.

"I forgot to tell you one thing: this is the planned construction site for the resort." Ciel tells the disappointed servant

"young master...." they chorus with tears

"now, now Ciel... you shouldn't do that. Although they cause trouble, they do take care of what need to be done." Aurora lightly scold her brother, who clicked his tongue. Aurora turns to the servants and gives them a smile. "look on the bright side, it may not be so bad. I hope you enjoy yourselves even though this trip hasn't gotten off a very good path."

the servants saw an angel, which was Aurora "Miss Aurora~" the chorus has hope and joy filled them
Aurora just smiles more before turning back to look forward.

"You're too nice to them..." Ciel comments

"and you're too mean to them." Aurora counters

Ciel didn't say anything and their journey continues.