Chapter 17

"So, where are we going?" I ask Watse, who is sitting right on the sofa opposite me, his eyes focused on the screen of his laptop. 

"First, Las Vegas," Watse explains, "then, LA, after that Mexico city and then, we head back to Europe." 

"Cool," I reply, looking around the private jet. It is full today, considering that there is plenty of space in here. Next to me, sits Martin with his headphones on, doing something on his laptop, probably making music. Opposite me, sits Watse and José, another member of Garrix team. On other seats, sit there rest of Garrix team, whom I didn't get to know, because everyone is super busy in preparations for the show in Las Vegas. 

We have been in the air for almost one hour, although it feels like we have only just taken off. I sit on my phone, trying to cut down on boredom while playing Candy Crush and re-reading books from my Ibooks collection, which I probably know by heart (not to keen on buying any new ones). 

"How was Amsterdam?" José asks friendlily, taking her gaze of Watse's computer. She is very tall, with striking facial features and beautiful eyes. Her dark-brown hair has light highlights at the ends, and is put into a plain, high ponytail. 

"It was amazing," I respond, silently thanking god for finally engaging someone in a conversation with me to take my mind off the boredom. "Wasn't it Martin?" 

"What?" He asks, when I turn to him, laughing. "What did you say?" 

"Nothing," I reply and José winks at me. Both of us laugh. 

"What was the joke?" Martin glances at me and José in turns, confused. 

"We were talking about how good is Amsterdam?" José explains, smiling at Martin. 

"Yeah, it was good." Martin puts back his headphones on his head and starts hitting the spacebar vigorously. His gaze is concentrated on the screen, while he quickly moved his fingers on the trackpad. 

"You are from New York?" José asks, grabbing her black jacket form one of the tables next to the sofa and taking her phone out. 

"Yes." 

"New York is fantastic, I have been there many times and I love it. The city is so big and you get so pumped up. Pure motivation for me," José praised, grinning at me and unlocking her phone. She shows something on it to Watse, as the two swiftly exchange phrases in Dutch. 

Later on, we finally arrive at Las Vegas, the city of casinos. We get escorted by police to the car, in which we will be heading to the hotel. On the way to the car, Martin gives autographs and takes pictures with the raging fans, who came to meet him, even though it's ten at night. 

"Don't wait for him," Watse tells me, when he notices me waiting for Martin. "He will catch up with us. We have to go." 

I nod and follow Watse, leaving Martin with his "bodyguards" and a large group of fans. Getting into the car, I squash on the backseat, waiting for Martin. He appears a few minutes later, a large grin decorating his already handsome face. 

He says something in Dutch and the driver starts driving. While we go, I look out of the window to see the city. Everything is lit up and shining in the dark. Colourful lights are everywhere, making buildings look crazy, but beautiful at the same time. It's like somebody dropped a can of fluorescent paint on the city, painting everything and giving color, but also making everything shine. 

"First thoughts on Vegas?" Martin asks, when I turn around to face him. He looks out of his window, all the lights reflecting in his gray eyes. 

"Colourful and bright," I admit, even though first impression wasn't that positive. Las Vegas might seem beautiful, but it's fake.