Chapter 21

Putting on dark blue, high waisted shorts and a blue crop top, I listen to Posion by Martin, probably one of my most favourite songs of all time. The beach party is today and after having all of my things stolen, it was pretty hard trying to retrieve at least some of the outfits. It was a long and boring day of shopping with Martin, going round the malls of LA and trying to find something nice to wear.

At least now, most of my clothes are new and my style has changed a bit. Martin didn't really care about his wardrobe being stolen, but what he did care about was his MacBook, headphones and other DJing things being stolen. He was upset about that and it took him about an hour to choose a new MacBook and headphones.

I open my make-up bag, which was the only thing, that wasn't taken. Luckily it was in the bathroom, when my suitcase got raided, and the person didn't bother going there not get it. Taking out my powder and foundation, I look at my face, figuring out where to put on make-up. I put some foundation on my face, slowly blending it with a blender. Then, I put on powder and bronzer.

After that, I do the eyes. Not being in the mood for doing something complex, I d simple eye make-up and put on some mascara, to make my eyelashes look a bit longer than usual. When I am done, I switch off the music and head out. Martin is all ready and sitting on the couch, getting used to his ne MacBook and headphones.

Coming up from behind, I fall on the sofa, making Martin jerk up. He smiles at me and takes his headphones off his ears.

"Are you ready?" I ask playfully, staring at the computer screen. He nods, closing his laptop and putting it in his new backpack. It's getting closer to ten and Martin's set is at about eleven thirty.

"We have some free time," Martin says, putting his backpack next to the door and sitting back down. "Waste says it's better if we stay in the room. He is very worried from yesterday."

"What do you wanna do?" I wonder, grabbing the remote control and switching on the TV.

"I don't mind," Martin responds, putting his arm around my waist and bringing me closer. I hug him back, relaxing my body even more. "A lot has happened, I just feel like chilling."

"Yeah," I mumble, closing my eyes for a moment and relaxing even more. After all those stressed out hours, I finally feel calm. Putting my head on Martin's chest, I lie down fully on the sofa. It's like every single cell in my body has finally taken a full and really long breath of relief. I fell Martin's hand run through my combed hair.

We watch the TV in silence, the people on screen telling each other something quietly. The volume is reduced and nobody can hear anything, just each other's thoughts rummaging through our heads. There is no awkwardness in this silence and that's what I love about Martin. He never makes anything awkward. It's like everything I do is totally fine with Martin.

And I love him for that. I love him for everything in him. He is so perfect in every single way. Even his few imperfections make him perfect. His smile, that lights up his face and makes little holes in the darkness of my mind, giving lights. His childish laughter, that makes me smile every single time.

I stare in his eyes, two deep seas, raging on and on. They say eyes are the mirror of the soul, but they are wrong. Nobody's eyes reflect their souls, they just make you mistrust the person even more. They might seem misleading or even incorrect about the person's actual character. But not for Martin's. He is an open book, whatever you see on the outside happens on the inside.

"I love you," I mumble out the words, trying to make them sound meaningful. Like they mean something, even though they are just a bunch of sounds.

"I love you too," Martin replies. I take my head off his lap, putting strands of hair behind my ears. Feeling him lean in, I wait for it to happen. His lips bush against mine and I can picture a light smirk appearing on his lips. It's like he is teasing me, making me crave for more. My mind seems to loose all of its thoughts in some kind of different reality. All of my thoughts seem to have disappeared from my head.