Chapter 25

"Aline?" I hear a familiar voice call me, as I turn around in my bed, pulling my covers until my forehead, hoping that this will help against the noises and the voice. 

"What the fuck?" I mumble, not being able to really understand what's happening, as well as what I am saying. Covering my ears with my hands, I cringe, keeping my eyes closed. This isn't a very good morning, as I expected it to be. 

"Wake up," I hear him say it and then somebody shakes me, making me really angry. My eyes shoot open and I jerk upwards, literally ready to fight anyone. As it turns out, Daniel was trying to get me out of bed, because we have to get our plan to find Chris get going today. 

I quickly run to my bathroom, not noticing Daniel, staring at my sleeping outfit awkwardly. Brushing my teeth, as well as combing my hair at the same time is extremely hard, but I manage to do everything in less than five minutes. I dart back and pick out my outfit for today, comfortable and a bit pretty - skinny jeans and a black, Martin Garrix t-shirt, which I purchased quite a long time ago. I didn't take it with me for Martin's tour and left it at home. 

Running back, I put on my running shoes, black and white Nikes and grab my phone from the bedside table. Although I have barely slept for five hours, energy is rushing through me madly and I want to do it. I guess, it's adrenaline. I can feel Daniel's gaze literally burning me from my back, while I head into the corridor. He also steps out, following me out of the house. 

Cold wind blows at my face, as I shut the door behind Daniel's back, just a moment after he steps outside. Dense, dark clouds cover most of the sky and the sun, not letting any warm rays pass through. Rubbing my hands against each other, I exhale loudly and we head to the nearest subway. My feet step silently on the dark-gray pavement, as we quickly walk through the empty, but loud streets. 

Most of the noise comes from the larger avenues, with more cars driving around and people hurrying around to get to their desired destinations. The closer we get to an underground, the more people appear around it. Trying to get past the old people and the younger, rushing, we elbow and stumble down the crowded staircase, to the foul smelling subway. 

We are silent as we walk, getting tickets separately from each other and then, not even bothering to chat about something. I personally don't think it's necessary, Daniel probably thinks that it's to worrying and nerve-wrecking for me, considering that I will be dong most of our plan. 

This subway is quite dirty, with all of the homeless sitting on the floor, asking people for money. There are also thieves here. They are probably everywhere in big cities, especially in New York, because there are many rich people and many easy victims to get money from. I remember having nearly all o my money stolen, when we were using the underground white often. Sydney, Lynn, Marcus and I. 

Chris has always lived further away from us. I don't even understand how Marcus has met him, Chris goes to a different school and lives about 40 minutes from my house, by the subway and even further away from Marcus'. Marcus lives quite close to me, unlike Sydney and Lynn. Both of them live about a twenty minute walk from my house. 

All three of us went to the same school in Brooklyn, even though I've only started being friends with Marcus and Lynn on our junior year. Most of the time, I hung out with Daniel or by myself, considering I was a pretty lonely and unsociable kid back then. After starting to take part in parties with Sydney and Lynn, I started being a bit more social.

Who am I kidding? I became social than ever and extremely popular. People wanted to hang out with us and many random guys hit on me, but Marcus turned out to soon become my boyfriend, although nobody has expected that. I became a social bitch - mean to everyone and very arrogant, like I was the queen. Well, our group considered ourselves the best...