Six!

This one was requested by literallygone. I feel like I'm going to cry writing this one.. It's going to be a sad one.

Grab some tissues just in case, can't guarantee it'll be good enough to make you all cry haha xD

----------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry, (Y/N), I just don't love you the way you love me." That's all she needed to hear.

"Right.." She leaves the room, going back to her room having needed to speak to Howl in private to clear up the tension between them. She threw a bag on the bed and started packing her stuff; makeup, clothes, toothbrush, hairbrush, the lot!

A few hours pass and (Y/N) finally says her goodbyes to everyone before finally getting to Howl.

"I guess I'll see you around sometime..." She smiles awkwardly before picking up her bags and leaving.

-timeskip-

(Y/N) had been gone for three months and Howl was starting to miss her company. He was missing the way she'd mess around and tease him about stupid things, and the way she would smile or laugh at him when he walked into the room; he was really missing her.

"Markl, did she say whether she was coming back?" Markl looks up at Howl with a disgusted look.

"Don't ask me! You're the one who made her leave! You forget that the rest of the people in this house have feelings too, and you sure as hell hurt hers." He snaps before Calcifer interjects.

"Howl, if you want to know how she is and whether you can get her back, then go and find her. I doubt she'd have gone far considering how she feels about you. It was just a matter of time before you realised it yourself." Howl sighs, nodding before grabbing his coat to go look for (Y/N).

He soon reaches town after walking for a good half an hour. He asks around, holding up a photo of the beautiful woman he was searching for, hoping someone would recognise her and tell him where she would be: no hope.

He sighed. Giving up, he sat on a bench near an old bakery, the photo still in his hand.

"How did you get a photo of my daughter?" Some woman croaked, like she'd been crying.

"Your (Y/N)'s mother.. Do you know where I can find her?" He asks frantically, really excited to have found someone who knew where she was.

The old woman nods, "You're not going to be very happy when you see her though." He shakes his head in disagreement.

"I'm going to be over the moon when I see her! I love her." She frowns at his response making him raise an eyebrow.

"Come with me." He nods and follows her through the bakery, up the stairs and into a small room where he noticed (Y/N) laying, "she died this morning." These words broke Howl's heart.

"N-no, she can't be!" He stepped toward her body, picking her up in his arms and holding her close as he cried, "I-I'm sorry I was too late to tell you.." She laid limp in his arms as he cried.

-another timeskip-

'Today's the day' Howl thought as he dressed in his black suit.

Today was (Y/N)'s funeral.

He frowned as he made his way to the church, meeting her mother just inside the doors.

The funeral was sweet, a couple songs to sing and a few words said by her mother and Howl himself. A lot of people lined up outside to give him and her mother hugs and giving their condolences for the death of such a young, beautiful girl.

Little did they know that, despite her being dead, she was watching them and was happy knowing that they were going to be just fine, even without her being there physically, she'd be watching.

--------------------------------------------

I DIDN'T CRY HALLELUJAH!

Hope this was ok for you all!