Chapter 1 - It's Time

Marinette sat in her original seat behind the famous model, and her big-time crush, Adrien Agreste. She admiringly gazed at his back view. His blonde locks of hair shined like gold.

Her best friend, Alya, smirked. She teasingly elbowed Marinette in the arm to gain her attention. Also to bring her back down to reality.

"Oh Mari, why won't you just confess to him already? Let him know!"

"H-Huh?! Me? Confess? No, no, no, no. No way! I can't do it Alya!" She furiously shook her head and waved her arms.

"Oh come on! Why not? It's been forever!" Alya frowned. "Nino and I are supporting you!"

"I-I know, but... To confess? Hah! As if I can—I mean—just look at me! I'm nothing compared to someone like him."

"Mari! Looks, fame, superiority, and popularity have nothing to do with true love." She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"But what if I get r-r-re-rejected!" Marinette shivered at the thought of being turned down; the moment where all the pain and sadness would crash and collide simultaneously.

"You can't be serious, right? Who would turn down a sweet, outgoing girl like you? If he does, it just means he hasn't seen your charms yet."

"B-But—"

"No buts. Confessing is your choice, but would you really want to wait until it's too late?"

"No... I don't want that. I don't know... I really want him to be happy though."

"Just choose what's best for you. You got this Mari."

"Woah? Dude, is Mari finally going to confess today?" said a familiar voice from behind.

The girls glanced up to see a boy in a blue tee. A red cap rested on his head with a pair of headphones hung around her neck. He pushed his black rimmed glasses up.

"Nino!"

"So? Mari, what's up?" Nino grinned. "You ready to confess to my man, Adrien?"

"N-No—yes—no—I don't know!" The bluenette groaned in defeat and flopped herself onto the desk.

"Oh Mari..." Alya and Nino sighed.

"Hey guys!"

Her ears perked up. She looked up to meet emerald eyes. Adrien walked over to the trio with a smile. A smile of her own began to grow. Eventually, the closer he got, the redder and more flustered she became.

"H-H-Hi A-Adrien!" She stuttered; she really tried not to.

"Hi Marinette." He let out a laugh that felt like music to her ears. "What's going on?"

Nino fist pumped him. "Nothing, nothing at all."

"Just chatting."

"Well, Adrien and I need to go film some things for our project. See you dudetes later!" He swung an arm over Adrien's shoulder as they left.

"Mari?"

"Ah... I'll do it."

"Do what?"

"I'll confess to Adrien."