Chapter 3 - Its Ok

The car stopped in front of Marinette's home: her family bakery. Heart broken and tearful, she rushed past her greeting parents and up to her bedroom. She groaned as she flopped onto the bed.

"I should've never thought about confessing to him..."

The small, red kwami flew out of her bag and tried to comfort her. "Don't be sad Mari. You can—maybe—find someone else?"

"You don't understand Tikki... I—" She looked up at her with tears falling like raindrops.

"M-Mari?" Tikki hugged Marinette's cheek. "Don't worry. I'm here for you."

A few knocks came from the balcony door. Tikki flinched and quickly hid under Marinette's covers as it opened up. There stood a big cat in all black with emerald eyes and messy golden locks. It was Chatnoir. Tonight was his usual weekly night visit and she had forgotten.

He sat besides her with a worrying expression. "Mari? What happened? What's wrong?"

She sat up to hide the falling tears and rubbed her eyes dry. "I'm fine. Nothing's wrong."

"You're lying to me. Come on, it's ok to tell me what's wrong?" He cupped her face to his. "Why is my purr-incess crying?"

"Oh Chat..." At that moment, she gave up and began bawling. "I-I was going to confess today. B-But I found out he l-loves someone else!"

"Well, it just means he hasn't seen your charms." He smiled softly as he wiped her tears away and kissed her forehead. "You're an amazing girl Mari. A wonderful one."

"You really think that?"

Chatnoir smirked. "A funny, clumsy little purr-incess included."

"Oh shut your trap Chat." Marinette chuckled at his comment.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Mhm... Thanks." She leaned her body back onto the bed and stared at the ceiling.

He followed by resting next to her. "You know, it's ok to express your feelings more."

"I know..."

"Hey Mari?"

"Hm?"

"Who's this guy anyway? The one you like."

"That's a secret. You should head back soon."

"Yeah, yeah. I know." He stood up to take his leave.

A sudden burst of courage rose up inside Marinette as she grabbed him by the arm. "Cheer me up tomorrow?" She had never asked him to come more than once a week before. "I-Is that fine?"

"It's fine. I'll cheer you up anytime." He laughed as he sped off home in the dark.

Tikki appeared behind her. "You seem quite happy after Chatnoir's visit. Falling for another boy already?"

"Oh Tikki, he's just a friend who's special. He cheers me up no matter what."

Marinette shut the balcony door locked and headed downstairs for dinner before a shower. As she slipped into her pair of sleepwear and tucked into bed, she bid Tikki a goodnight. Soon enough, they fell into a deep sleep.

She had a sweet dream that night.