Chapter 5 - Pouring

Another job done well as the two superheroes, Ladybug and Chatnoir, ended with another victory against an akuma. The news spread wide through a video posted by Alya on her LadyBlog. It went viral as the day began to cloud up. Rain poured from the dark sky.

"I wonder if Chat will come visit today..." Marinette rubbed the nape of her neck shyly.

"I know I just saw him earlier, but still—"

Tikki giggled. "You miss him already Mari?"

"I-I don't miss that kitty! I-I just feel lonely, that's all." Her face was a deep shade of red and tried to hide herself.

"Is it confession time?" The kwami smiled hopefully.

Knocking came from the balcony door and within seconds, Marinette opened it. She noticed the familiar leather suit from anywhere. Chatnoir actually came by. He was drenched from head to toe.

"I guess you know how to make me fall for you, don't you purr-incess?" He laughed as Marinette threw a towel over his head to dry him off.

"I thought you weren't coming... It's pouring outside."

"Awe, missed me? Were you lonely?" A teasing smirk plastered itself onto his face.

Blushing, she headed off to sit on her bed. "S-Shut up."

Chatnoir continued to laugh to himself as he dried up. He brushed his hair back and hung the towel around his neck while going over to Marinette. He noticed her chuckling to herself.

"Hey Chat, do you like the rain?"

"Hm, why? Do you?"

"Very."

"How come?"

"Well, it just brings back some fond memories."

"Care to tell me some?"

"I met this really awesome and cool boy. I found him cute too with his charming smile. He gave me an umbrella on a rainy day like this for me to use as I walked home. You probably know him."

"Oh really?" A mischievous grin grew on his face as he slid his arms around her waist. "Gotcha!"

"Chat?! Let me go you stupid kitty!" Her laughter filled the room like music as she tried to struggle free. "No!"

"No!" He mimicked as he laughed along.

She spun herself in his arms to gaze at his face. "You do have quite purr-tty eyes!"

"Don't go stealing my puns now Mari!"

"Then let me go! It's clawful!"

"Fine, fine. Your win." He freed her from his grasp, smiling wide. "I think I'm starting to like the rain too."