Chapter 1: "What Did I Do?"

Your POV

I moved into this city last month. We unpacked, my father got to his job, everything seemed hectic for the time being. It took quite a while for my parents to even chose a school for me, let alone me deciding to attend one.

For one, there were too many private schools.

Okhasis Prep expected resumes months before the classes even started, so there was no use even trying to go there. Scaleswind charter was too far from my current house, and no buses went there. Both my parents had jobs.

No bus? No go.

I stared at the school pamphlets over and over again. The Rua'an district was full of opportunities. But then again, so was my last district. I missed my old friends, my old home. The flowers I had kept around the garden. All of that would be gone if I ever decided to
return.

My mind drew a blank as I set down the papers. I wanted so badly just to sprint out the door and go back to my old school and home. But I was no longer in the same state, of mind, and of Rua'an.

I couldn't make friends as easily as some. I was never really popular. In fact, I was often called the nerd girl who sits in the corner and goes on her phone for 23 hours a day. That was a lie of course.

I sleep for 8 hours.

Numbskulls

But this was high school. A time that lived in infamy amongst adults and college students alike. All the television shows I watched glorified it like a golden year. Of course, freshman year was never as good as senior. But I couldn't complain. It wasn't my choice.

I would have been homeschooled if my parents didn't have to work their butts off 24/7. I glanced back at the papers and sighed, jumping off my chair and exiting the kitchen. I walked upstairs into my new room. The walls were white, not painted the color I picked out. My parents didn't have any time. I would eventually do it myself if I had to. The bed and desk were assembled and ready to use.

I landed face first into my mattress and screamed into it, using the cushions to make the least amount of noise possible. Not even dolphins could hear me scream. It was a flawless plan.

Except my mother heard me from the other room.

Dammit.

She walked up the stairs and opened my door. It creaked as she found me shouting into my pillows.

"Y/n? Darling? What's the matter?"

She asked, poking my shoulder, causing me to raise my head.

"I can't choose a school mom. There are too many. And even then.."

I mumbled the rest.

I couldn't make friends there even if I tried.

My mother shook her head and sat on the comforter with me. I curled up next to her. I noticed my mother was holding one of the school pamphlets.

"What's that?"

I asked, knowing already but desiring the details.

"The one for Phoenix Drop High. We.."

My mother turned her head