Chapter 3: "Leave Him Alone"

Your POV

The emo kid, or Zane (if I even cared to call him by his real name), left me alone for the rest of the week. Good riddance I suppose. He just sat quietly in class, not paying attention to me. For once, it was like Irene actually paid attention to my wishes and granted them.

Whoopity-fucking-do.

Now I just gotta make sure that he doesn't talk to me ever again, and I can just live my life in peace. Heck, he didn't even talk to me on the bus yesterday morning, talk about lucky break.

In fact... I was too lucky.

And I was beginning to get worried

I mean, this is around the time that my life shatters into broken shards of glass that I am forced to walk on. When the world implodes on me simply because I say something wrong.

But no.

I actually made friends and had good grades, seeing as I started school literally in the middle of the semester. Aphmau, a girl with black hair and amber eyes, was really kind to me, and her not-alone-buddies Travis, white haired and shy, and Vylad, brown haired and intelligent, really helped me get around. We had our own little group in fact. Aph would invite me over on the weekends and we'd play video games for hours.

This was exactly what I wanted.

Please don't jinx it Y/N

I couldn't contain my excitement for each day I could go to school and not be tormented by him. I wasn't even going to say his name. It was better to just ignore the evil twerp and focus on my studies and classes. That's what school's for, after all.

I walked to my bus stop this morning, noticing that the emo kid was busy tapping on his phone. The way he played the game, how fast he could dodge enemies. It was impressive, I'll admit. But I won't tell it to him. He'll think I've gone soft. I'm the opposite.

The bus rolled in and I quickly made my way to the back, sitting down and plugging in my headphones. I sang a tune under my breath, which seemed to annoy the boy next to me. He groaned obnoxiously, covering his ears.

"I'm not THAT bad, am I?"

I asked him with a smirk, noticing his tormented expression

"That song is terrible".

He retorted and pulled up his scarf rather forcefully.

"Well then ignore me."

I crossed my legs and continued to listen to the "god awful" song Zane seemed to hate so much.

We just pulled into school. I raced to my classroom, not caring at all if the emo kid was following. In fact,he seemed to have gotten off the bus before me and left without a solitary remark. No complaints about my singing, no whines on how I'm too slow..

Nothing.

That's when I got worried. I began to look for him, hoping to find that he's just meeting up with friends and not giving a damn about why I exist.

Why am I doing this?

I hate his guts. He's a rude person who doesn't care about me, why should I care about him? What has he done for me, no, for anyone in this school besides be a sour jerk to everyone he meets? His stupid face that I can't even see half of, his squeaky voice that I got tired of hearing. What made me so sure that he was in trouble, and that I was the only one who could save him?