Chapter 9: "You Are Here"

Your POV

I basically escorted myself out of the house as soon as Zianna started World War Three.

The tragic loss: My will to live.

And my hearing.

But mostly my will to live.

I returned to my home rather early in the morning, opening the front door only to see my parents enjoying coffee and laughing.

"What's going on mom?"

I asked, wondering why they were up at 9 when they don't get up till 12:00 on weekends.

"Oh, nothing major dear. Your father just wanted to search for more jobs in the area."
"Don't you guys both work full-time?"

My mind buzzed with questions.

"Yes, we do. But there's no such thing as having too much money!"

Figures

"Your mother is right dear, and we were hoping you could get a job as well!"
"I'm a freshman, dad. You don't get a job till you're a junior or senior."
"Not now, but for the summer."

He said and ruffled my hair between his fingertips. I sighed and fixed my messy (hair style).

"Sure, dad. I'll do that."

I offered half a smile before running up the stairs to my room. I finally escaped the espresso kitchen to discover my pet lying in my bed.

"(Pet name)! Get off the bed!"

I shouted and attempted to move (him/her), but having literally no care in the world after what happened, I collapsed on the bed with my cute (pet) lying it's head in my lap.

I recalled the moments of bliss when me and Zane- well you read the last chapter.

Point was, I was extremely happy. He likes me back. That's the first time this has ever happened.

Except in third grade.

We don't talk about third grade.

I covered my face with a pillow, screaming with joy into it. I couldn't wait for tomorrow so we could confess under the cherry blossom tree like in the anime I binge.

But no. That's not how this plays out.

"It's gonna be terribly awkward tomorrow, isn't it?"

I ask the ceiling, not caring who hears. My pet nuzzled my hand and sighed.

"He's gonna talk to me.. Right?"

I mumbled to myself for a bit, reconciling my thoughts.

"Maybe.. It will be different."

The day seemed to end fairly quickly. I buried myself in my sheets, rolled over 10 trillion times, and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

The day started out like any other school day.

Wake up at 5:00