Truth or Dare (boyxboy)|| Chapter 6: Worth knowing

The rest of the school day was pure torture. I glanced at the clock every few minutes, hoping that it was almost time for school to end.

At last, the final school bell rang and I jumped up, grabbing my backpack and slinging it over my shoulder and hurrying out of the classroom.

I stood outside of the school for a long time, watching people drain out of the building. After about ten minutes, I started getting worried. What was taking him so long? Did he leave already? Did he stand me up?

My mind was interrupted when the doors were pushed open. My eyes landed on a small figure limping slowly down the stairs. Worry immediately hit me and I rushed to his side,

"Are you okay? Did someone hurt you? Who did this?" I growled, looking back at the door that he came through. He shook his head, gritting his teeth. He was definitely in pain. Too much pain. He didn't deserve this.

" 's f-fine...I'm used t-to it..lets j-just go to your house or I'll just go home." He mumbled, coughing into his sleeve a bit, then starting to walk faster. I clenched my fists in anger.

I trailed behind the small boy, seething with anger the whole way to my house. When we got there, I unlocked the door and walked inside, Colton following me.

Once the door was closed, I turned and looked at the trembling kid in front of me,

"Strip." I mumbled. His eyes widened in pure shock and fear. He took a step back and hit the wall, shaking his head. I sighed and rolled my eyes,

"Not like that, calm down. I just want to make sure those bastards didn't leave any marks that need to be treated." I explained as I walked into the kitchen and got a first-aid kit.

I walked back into the room and saw him glued to the same spot he had been when I left, that dreadful look in his eyes that I hated so much. I gave him a sad smile and walked closer to him, making him whimper.

I kneeled down in front of him slowly and reached my hand toward him. He squeezed his eyes closed and turned his head to the side, away from me. My fingertips brushed against the skin on his forehead and trailed down to his cheek, tracing a faded bruise that obviously still hurt by the way he flinched.

His cheek was soon in the palm of my hand and I gently pulled his face to look back at me.

"Hey, Colton I won't hurt you, I swear. You can trust me, it's okay. I only want to help."

He grabbed my wrist again, just as tight as last time, and whipped his head up to look at me so fast that his hood flew off of his head, his eyes shiny with oncoming tears,

"Since when?! Since when did you want to help me?? What the hell changed?! You hate me! Why would you change your mind?! Why, Tristan?! Why do you suddenly give a shit about something like me? Why now?! Especially that! Why the hell did you decide to care now?! I don't get it! I don't get you!"

By now, tears were flowing freely down his cheeks as he pressed his back against the wall, staring at me with an angry, broken expression. I thought about his questions, then gave in with a frustrated sigh.

"Look, I know that I made bad choices in the past, and I am so sorry for what I did, I really am. I'm tired of seeing people get hurt. Especially you. You're so small and fragile and vulnerable and I just want to help you. I don't like that you're constantly beaten on by my friends and always avoided. I don't like that you don't have anyone at all. I want to get to know you like everyone else won't do. I want to know you, Colton."

I pleaded with a desperate look in my eyes. He stared at me for a while, our faces fairly close. All I wanted to do at that moment was to allow my lips to meet with his.

His deep blue eyes were positively beautiful and all I wanted to do was hold him until all of his pain disappeared. The moment of silence was short-lived because soon after I finished my speech, his phone buzzed. He took it out of his pocket, shooting me an apologetic glance and looking down at the message. His eyes went wide and he took in a sharp, shaky breath, standing up and slinging his backpack over his shoulder, walking toward the door.

I stood up, "W-Wait! Where are you going?? What about the project?!" He stopped in the doorway and looked back at me with tired eyes.

"Don't waste your time on me. Get to know someone who's worth knowing."