Truth or Dare (boyxboy)|| Chapter 8: Mystery boy

Author's note
Hey guys, so something happened with my Wattpad and it glitched a chapter out or some shit. So I'm really tired and honestly too lazy to rewrite the chapter, plus I barely remember anything that happened in it. So just to fill you in pretty quick, basically Tristan went to school and struggled with his feelings for Colton, and Colton was forced to go to school but he became very sick. Tristan ended up taking Colton home and yada yada yada now they're here. Excuse my lazy idiocticness. Xoxoxoxoxo

----

I pulled up the house and parked the car, getting out and walking to the other side of the car, watching the door open slowly and Colton trying to step out without tripping.

He finally got out and I closed the door for him, wrapping my arm gently around his waist and helping him walk into my house. I walked into my bedroom and gestured for him to lay on my bed. He stared at me like I've lost my mind.

"What's wrong? Lay down, you need to rest."

His eyes darted from me to the bed multiple times before he spoke, "I-I get to lay there...?" He whispered in complete disbelief. I frowned and nodded slowly.

Colton's eyes widened and flashed with pure excitement like a toddler walking into a candy store. He had the most breathtaking smile I have ever layed eyes on. He really was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire existence.

A smile pulled at my lips as I watched him curl up in my bed as if he had never so much as touched a bed like this before. His head buried in my pillows, he quickly fell asleep. I laughed slightly and pulled the blankets over him, leaning over to press my lips against his forehead.

"Sleep well, Colton."

Colton slept for hours. I was convinced that it was a very good thing that he was sleeping for this long because even before I discovered his illness, he looked like he hadn't gotten proper sleep in months.

Everything was okay, until the nightmares seemed to surface. It had been around two to three hours after he fell asleep when I heard him screaming. I jumped up from the couch and ran up the stairs, two by two.

Finally, I reached my bedroom to see the small boy tangled tightly in the blanket, struggling to get free as hysterical sobs and desperate cries escaped his mouth. Tears streamed down his perfect cheeks and soaked the sheets below his head.

My heart broke at the sight and I ran over to him, gently shaking him and trying to get him awake. After getting kicked and punched a few times, I remembered how much he had calmed when I held him earlier. So, I immediately collected Colton up in my arms and held him tightly against my chest, my fingers raking through his soft raven hair.

"Shh Colton, I'm here. You're safe, beautiful. You're safe here."

I smiled softly when he began to relax, his hands gripping my shirt as if it was his only lifeline and his face buried in my neck. I continued massaging his hair and neck to keep him calm until the quiet sobbing ceased and he was breathing steadily.

I knew he was asleep, but I just couldn't bring myself to leave him alone again. I wanted- no, needed to stay. It was clear to me now that something terrible had happened to this boy. This innocent angel. I needed to protect him. Give him a safe haven. He needed me.

Realizing that he still had a fever, I let out a light sigh and pulled a blanket over us both. The feeling that I had, him in my arms, holding him so close, it was amazing. Unlike anything I've ever felt before. I've never felt this way for anyone. God I loved him.