Truth or Dare (boyxboy)||Chapter 12: Just you and me

Colton

After what felt like hours of walking, I finally arrived at the hell I call high school. I stumbled slightly and grabbed the wall next to me, breathing heavily and trying to calm myself down.

My father was clearly angry at me last night. He was almost never this brutal. It was obvious that he went all night. Hitting and raping me for hours on end until his anger was finally extinguished.

On top of all of that, I was still sick from last night. My head pounded along with my heart as I choked on my own breath. Finally, my legs gave out on me and I fell onto the grass.

I was tempted to just lay there until I finally just died, but I refused to be any later for class. So, I pushed myself to my feet one again and limped inside. When I walked into the classroom, the teacher began lecturing me.

"You're late Mr. Preed where have you been?" He scolded. I just gave him my signature finger gesture and walked to my seat. I didn't have the strength to deal with his shit. I bit down on my lip hard as I sat down, squeezing my eyes shut and taking a deep breath.

The teacher went on with his lesson and I tried to listen, but all I could think about was Tristan.

It was finally lunch time and I had somehow managed to survive, though the headache and dizziness did get worse. I stumbled out of the classroom and walked down the hall. My goal was to get outside, to a place on campus where nobody would see me so I could sleep a bit, but my plans were changed for the worst when a voice sounded behind me.

"Colton!" I jumped and turned a bit, only to turn back quickly and pull my hood farther over my head, trying to hide the cut on my forehead. My breath hitched in my throat as he caught up to me, panting and laughing slightly. "Hey I brought you lunch like I said I would! My mom was really sad about you leaving so she put an extra cookie in the bag for you, I guess as an apology that you missed dinner or something." He shrugged.

Trying to ignore him, I went outside and spotted a tree with nobody anywhere near it. I let out a quiet sigh of relief and began walking faster.

"Hey wait up!" Tristan caught up with me again and my eyes began to burn. "Are you alright? How come you're limping?"

"Just leave me alone..." I mumbled, my voice cracking. It hurt to talk. I didn't hear anything after that and I thought he left, until I felt his warm hand touch mine. I suddenly stopped, I froze. I squeezed my eyes shut in order to block the tears from falling and let out a shaky breath. "Colton what's wrong? You're really pale. Are you still sick?" There it was again, the worried, motherly tone. He bent over to put the lunch bag on the ground and stood back up, running his gentle hands against my cheeks.

"I-I'm fine.." I choked out.

"You are not fine! You're burning up! Why did you come to school today?? Look at you! You're about to pass out!" He scolded. I flinched and tried to look away.

"I had t-to...m-my papa would get mad.." I explained honestly. He gave a frustrated huff and moved his hands to my shoulders gently,

"He would be mad if you didn't come to school even if you're sick? Damn, the nerve of some people! I'd bet if he felt how hot your face is right now he would think otherwise." I stifled a laugh and shook my head. "God you're thin...are you thirsty? Come on, let's get some food in you, you'll feel better."

Losing all will power to refuse, I allowed him to pull me toward the tree and help me sit down against it. He opened the paper bag and pulled out a small container with turkey and mashed potatoes inside. I stared at it in disgust. Who could eat this? Who could eat anything in general?