Truth or Dare (boyxboy)|| Chapter 7: You're in love!

"Get to know someone who's worth knowing."

Those words swam around in my head for the next two hours. I sat on the couch, staring at the door and replaying the events that had recently happened.

So, my best friends dare me to get close to the school freak so we can get inside information about him and hurt him, I agree but somehow end up pushing my way into this boy's life. Not just any boy though, the most beautiful boy-no, the most beautiful human- I have ever seen in my entire life.

But I'm not gay.

So, why do I feel this way? Why do I want to be around Colton so badly? Why do I feel so horrible when I'm not around him, or when he looks at me with that look in his eyes? I've never felt this way about anyone.

But I'm not gay. That's not something I chose to be. I can't be gay.

I mean, sure, I haven't had a crush on a girl before...BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN IM GAY!!!

Right?

I was shoved away from my thoughts when the front door opened, mom stumbling into the house, a wall of paper grocery bags balancing in her arms and covering her face.

"Tris! Are you home?" She yelled from behind the giant paper bags as she struggled to close the door. I laughed and stood up, walking over to my small mother and taking a two bags from her.

"I got your back momma" I said in a weird western accent and walked into the kitchen. She laughed and I turned to her when I set my bags on the counter. She did the same and gave me a tired smile, holding her arms out for me to wrap mine around her.

I did, I hugged her close to me and inhaled her scent. My mom was quite a bit smaller than me, so I practically engulfed her in my large arms. She smiled wider and closed her eyes, her arms around my waist and her head on my shoulder,

"Hi, baby. How was your day?" She pulled away and started taking groceries out of the paper bags and I did the same.

"It was okay I guess." I shrugged, opening the fridge and putting the eggs on the shelf.

"Oh no, you don't really think I'll let that one pass do you?" She raised an eyebrow at me as she put the spaghetti noodles in the cupboard.

I sighed loudly, giving up and deciding to just ask my mom for her opinion.

"Well...you know that boy that Tanner dared me to hang out with?" I began. Her eyes sparkled and she looked at me happily,

"You made friends with him??"

"No! Well, yes. I guess? J-Just listen I wasn't finished!" I blushed slightly. She nodded and I continued.

I explained everything to her in full detail -like I tend to do all the time- and she just stared at me like she had just seen a puppy snuggle with an infant.

"-and I'm really confused and upset and frankly, kind of worried about the kid I mean seriously who could take that much abuse at school? It's terrible, mom! But I don't know why I feel like this rather than just trying to help him like a normal person who wants to be his friend. I don't understand these feelings and they're scaring me, mom..what do I do?" I looked at her with desperate eyes, hoping she could use her all-knowing mother powers on me like always.

She just started giggling like a schoolgirl and took my hands in hers,

"Oh honey I know exactly what you're feeling!" She squealed. I stared at her, dumbfounded.

"Uhm....What do you mean?" I narrowed my eyes at her, suspiciously. I didn't trust that fangirly  look in her eye.

She chuckled and patted my head, "My baby, you're so sweet and innocent. You're in love and you don't even know it!" She giggled even more and kissed my forehead.

I stared at her completely and totally astonished. "In love...?" I mumbled out loud. Was I? Was I really in love with that boy? No, that can't be... "But mom, I'm not gay. How could I be in love with another boy, when I'm not gay? That doesn't make sense, don't be stupid." I denied both her words and my own thoughts at the same time as I stood up and turned to walk to my room.

"Tristan it's not a choice, honey. You can't help who you fall in love with. And how do you know you're not gay, hm? You've never talked about any girls at all. Do you even have friends that are girls?"

I whipped around and glared at her, "For your information, mother I did have a girlfriend!"

She put her hands on her hips and smirked, "Mhmm, and what happened to her, huh?"

I stayed quiet for a second, looking at my feet and mumbling, "I uh....kinda punched her..." She let out a gasp and narrowed her eyes,

"You hit a girl?!"

I reluctantly nodded and she sighed,

"What did she do?"

"S-She....." I paused, realizing that I punched her because of Colton. "She called Colton a slut...." I whispered.

"And that made you angry, so you punched her and she broke up with you." She predicted the rest correctly and I nodded. She laughed and gave me a high-five. "Good boy."

I laughed a little and she kept talking, "Well, I cant force you to believe that you're in love, but I can tell you that if you really do care for this boy, don't give up. And if you ever need advice, come to me. I nodded and she gave me another kiss, "I'm gonna go take a shower, mind making dinner tonight?"

"Sure, grilled cheese?"

"On sourdough, he'll yes."

"Got it."

She walked toward the door, but turned to me before leaving the room, "Oh, and Tristan?"

"Yeah?"

"Follow your heart, baby. You won't regret it."

I scoffed as she left the room, "Cheesy." I mumbled. I admit though, I planned on doing exactly what my mother told me to do. By then I knew I was in love with Colton. And I was going to protect him.