Wither Again?

Jesse's POV.

I woke up, and saw Petra sleeping in my arms. I decided to just stare at her for a moment. But that moment went on like seconds, minutes, forever...

"Jesse?" Someone called me. I snapped out of it and immediately got out of bed.

"Jesse, I cooked some steak--" Lukas said as his voice trailed off. I guess he was staring at me and Petra. I hope he doesn't get the wrong idea.

"Did... you... what?"

"NO NO I DID NOT DO ANYTHING. I SWEAR."

"Okay okay... I believe you."

"Anyways, have you guys found any way to get back?" I asked, trying to change the topic.

"We were considering on heading East, which was where the compass points. But we figured to ask the leader of our group first." He said.

I nodded and quickly got changed. Once I finished my steak I heard a small moan.

"Good morning Petra." Lukas said.

"Good morning... where's Jess-" me and her found ourselves staring at each other and looked away.

"Uh-huh. I'll leave it to you then." Lukas commented and walked away. It was me and her in the hut only.

"Um... you wanna eat some?" I asked and tossed her some bread. She caught it and ate it like a beast. I chuckled and she was embarrassed.

"Hey. I'm hungry."

"Yeah I know. You just look funny." I laughed.

After she finished her meal we continued our trip back home. But we have been walking for like, hours. And we still haven't found a single house or build around us.

We walked out of the forest, and traveled into another one. This time it's a rainforest. Great.

"Ahh!!"

It was Isa! I quickly drew out my sword to attack the monster, but stopped in my tracks.

It was a zombie, but purple-ish... and it's eyes were also purple. What kind of zombie is that?!

"Help! Anyone!"

I chopped of the head of the zombie and it was dead. That zombie was so creepy!

"Isa! Jesse! You okay?" Lukas asked. Isa was sitting down, still shocked from what happened.

"I'm fine. Are you alright Isa?"

"T-That zombie... it was purple..."

"Purple? What?" Petra added.

"I... I don't know. It suddenly appeared under that tree, and I was so scared. I have never seen one of those before."

"Me too. It made me stop." I said.

"Hold on. Purple zombie, attacks in day... that could be a new mob. Maybe Notch updated the system." Olivia explained.

"No. When Notch updates, we will have a notice. Must have." Axel told us.

"What could that mob be?" Lukas asked again.

I was thinking for quite a while, and something suddenly struck me.

"Guys... I don't know if you'll believe me,"

Everyone looked at me.

"Could that be... a Withered Zombie?"

Petra's POV.

Withered Zombie?! First the Witherstorm, now zombies too?!

"What... why?" Axel said.

"Maybe it's the effect of the Witherstorm. It probably affected the mobs and turned them into... this." Jesse told us, cleaning off his sword. His sword had a weird stain on it. Luckily, it's easy to clean it off.

"Well, let's just find anywhere to stay first." I suggested. We've been walking around for ages.

After some very long time...

"Guys I see it! I see a village!" Lukas shouted out. We turned to his direction and there was a village!

"Let's go and ask then!" Axel said and went off. We followd him.

The village was in a desert. There were villagers wandering around, and I think this is my second time seeing a NPC Villager. There were some people around too.

"Hi. Do you guys see a town nearby?" I asked a player. She shrugged and pointed North.

"Some adventurers went to find a town so we can live there." She lowered her voice to a whisper. "These villagers may seem nice, but they are really aggressive! They migjt even force you to give them emeralds..."

"Got it. I'll warn my friends." I said to her. She nodded. "What's your name?" I asked.

"Melanie. And if you need anything, just tell me. I'm basically the 'storage' if the village."

I walked back to the group.

"Well?" Olivia said.

"I think we should stay here for now. Melanie told me that some adventurers are finding the town."

"Who's Melanie?" Jesse asked.

"Some girl I met. She's really helpful." I answered. "I'll tell you guys more later. Now let's find an empty house to stay."

"Oh no worries, I got that covered." A voice came from behind.

It was Melanie. She walked towards us with her pickaxe and smiled. "I have an empty house just right there. You can stay there for as long as you want."

"Thanks Melanie." I said. She winked and whispered, "Better tell them what I told you." I nodded.

After we all settled, I told them about the villagers and the adventurers.

"That means that we could find our way back easier!" Lukas exclaimed.

"Yeah, but we gotta be careful of the villagers here. I heard some players got kidnapped because they want emeralds..." Jesse said.

We went to sleep. (This time we had enough beds.)

Jesse's POV.

I woke up with a yawn. Man that was a great sleep! But no one was around me though. Maybe I slept too late.

Everyone was outside. I walked out and joined them. But they seem nervous.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Jesse!" Axel shouted. He ran to me and explained. "P-Petra's... missing!"

I felt like a ton of bricks just hit me. What the hell?!

"Guys look!" Olivia yelled.

There were a team of adventurers walking to the village. "Great news! We finally found the way to the town! Everyone follow us!"

The players around them cheered and went off. Only our group, stood there stunned.

"What are we going to do?" Axel asked. "Petra is missing, and..."

I couldn't hear anything. My mind was focused on two things.

Choice:

1. Find Petra.

2. Go back to the town.