Guilty

Choice: Kill the players.

Jesse's POV.

"I'm sorry." I said as I slashed the players with my diamond sword. They were all flung backwards, thanks to my Knockback III. Once they got up, I hit them again and they disappeared into thin air.

I felt some strange feeling inside me. That I just did something wrong.

"Jesse! Let's go! Run!!" Petra screamed. She grabbes me by the hand and we ran away from the chaos.

Following by Lukas, Isa, Axel and Oliva, we all hid in a cave, and waited for the storm to calm down.

*You felt your sins crawling on your back.

That message poped out from nowhere. The message system is private, so no one but me can see it.

I sighed. Yes, I do feel my sins crawling on my back.

"God... what has happened up there?" Axel asked. Everyone was silent.

Olivia was pondering. Lukas was shaking.

Petra was staring out to the distance. Isa was looking at her own reflection on her sword.

Axel was silent, trying to figure out what happened.

And I was feeling guilty for killing the players. I mean, there must be a cure to this. I could have just capture them first, and maybe seal them underground. And once I found something to help them, I could save them.

I walked even further down the cave and sat there, in the darkness. My mind was focused on two things.

Who did this?

Why?

Was it the Blaze Rods? 90%. But they couldn't cause such a big mess. Maybe the leftovers of the Witherstorm did it? I'm not sure.

"Jesse."

I was startled and jumped a bit. It was Petra. I decided to not look at her as I was depressed.

"What's wrong?" She sat down beside me.

"Nothing... I'm just thinking what happened." I was silently crying.

"Lying isn't your strong point, Jesse." She wiped tears that were streaming down from my eyes.

"P-Petra..."

"This is not some sort of movie, so cut the mumbling. Just say it."

"I--I killed innocent players... I killed lots of them... I promised to you guys I wouldn't hurt anyone anymore after Reuben's death... but I... I broke the promise... Petra..."

She pulled me close to her, and I was shocked by her sudden movement.

"But you had to do it, didn't you? If you just let them go, they could infect more players, and that would be bad."

"But it's just 5 players... I could've let them go..."

"Even the smallest amount counts, Jesse. Remember why the Witherstorm happened? Because of one person, Ivor."

I blinked. That was true. It all started out because of him.

"You can just let it out now. I'll be here."

Few long moments of crying later...

Me and Petra went back to the group, and they were preparing to leave.

"Alright, I'll explain this ome last time." Lukas seemed annoyed. "Once we get out of here, we find shelter, and try to be as secretive as possible. Then we go and track down the culprit behind this chaos."

We all nodded and went out of the cave. While we were walking, I found out that my hunger bar had decreased once again. I quickly ate somw steak to see if it would regain.

Nothing.

What is happening to me? Will I become one of the withered players? Or will I... die?

That thought made me stop in my tracks, which Olivia yelled out, "Jesse? You okay? Are you feeling well?"

"Yeah. Just got distracted."

We found a perfect place to set up camp, and we built a small hut and sleep in it.

Lukas's POV.

Man... why are the players like this? Something must have infected them. I'm sure.

"Jesse... can I see that scroll please? You know, the one we found in the underwater dungeon."

"Sure. Here."

He passed me the scroll and I read it.

Remember, not only the storm is withered,

But the people are.

This clearly meant that the players were withered, which was true. And it said that only we can save it.

But how?

Suddenly I had an idea.

"Jesse, could you let me see the staff? The lighting one."

He gave me and I examined it. Isa walked over and looked at it too.

"Oh. Wait! Lukas. Look here."

I looked at the place where Isa pointed. There were words, but it was very blur.

"I can't read it. Can you?"

"Let me try." Isa came closer to the staff.

"The key to cure,
Is not likely possible.
But now it's insecure,
Better get it when able.

Deep in the system.
Hack code #19374800"

"Wait... hack code? Does it mean we have to hack Minecraft?"

We showed it to the group after they had their meal.

"Deep in the system... that means do we have to... cheat?" Axel suggested.

"What is the system?" Petra asked, curiously.

Olivia cleared her throat. "Okay, I'm not bragging that I'm smart and all... but the System is the thing that controls Minecraft. It is usually controlled by Notch. The System calls you in when you either summoned a command or hack Minecraft."

"If you did anything that is forbidden, you will be sent to the System, which Notch will make you explain everything." She finished.

"So... we have to actually hack Minecraft? If that's the case, it's easy! I'll just type /kill, go in the System, explain what's happening to Notch, and everyone is happy!" Jesse concluded.

"I don't think it'll be that simple." Lukas said. "Think about it. More than millions of players played Minecraft, I'm sure tons of them were sent to the System. But do you remember the case last week?"

"Last week... oh. Jenny874 was sent to the System for using an unknown command, and she... never returned." Petra said gloomy.

"Excatly. Who knows what's in thw System? You could die straight away rather than having to talk with Notch."

"And, the biggest problem." Axel said, sighing. "We don't know any commands. The only one we know is /kill."

Everyone nodded. That was the only command we knew.

"Wait, I remember something." Isa said suddenly. When I was a kid, my dad hidden a Command Book in the forest, in a jungle temple. Maybe that could help?"

"Yeah! We could find the temple, summon an unknown command and deal with this." Jesse said.

Petra smiled. "So now we have a plan."