2*

The sound of my alarm blaring woke me up from my much needed sleep. I groaned and looked at the time to see that its 4:15 am. I palmed my face and timidly threw the duvet from over me. Another overly happy day for the people of America. Not for me though. Today is just another day for me to see bitch president.

I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face. Quickly running back to my room, I threw on a pair of sweats and an under armor rashguard and my running shoes. I grabbed my keys and proceeded out of my house.

I began a slow jog down the street and after a couple of minutes warming up, I went on a full bolt down the street. The heat began building as it neared 5:00. Sweat trickled down my back and I began feeling the burn in my calves. I smiled knowing that the extra burn means that I'm gaining muscle.

What I didn't expect to see though, was madame president running to the opposite side of me. She was dressed in black leggings and a pink sweatshirt. Her earphones were plugged into her ears. I quickly stopped and grabbed her hand. She screamed and tried hitting me but I quickly hugged her around her waist while tucking her hands to the inside. Her back was pressed to me and my hold on her tightened.

"What are you doing outside of the whitehouse?" I spat dangerously low into her ear.

"I wanted a run." She tried saying confidently but it came out as a whisper.

"Without protection?" I yelled.

"I asked Simon if I can go and he said that you won't like that." She explained.

"Damn well I don't. What if you were kidnapped? What if I was a murderer? Huh? Do you even think sometimes?" I shouted.

"You are not allowed to scream at me!" She said calmly, "and can you please let me go?"

I slowly released her and she turned to face me with a killer scowl.

"You are not allowed to leave the white house without protection. Do I make myself clear?"

"Peachy!" She said sarcastically.

"Come on!" I said and grabbed her hand, tugging her to the direction of my house.

"Where are we going?"

"To my house!" I said flatly.

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"Why are you such an angry person?"

"Why should I be happy?"

"I don't know. Don't you have a wife or kids?"

"I am 25! My line of work don't allow me to have families."

"That's sad!"

"Sure!" I muttered.

"Do you want a family?"

"You ask too many questions!" I scowled and walked up the driveway to my porch.

"Nice house for a lonely man." She stated.

"I like fine things."

I opened the door and she stepped in timidly. I left her standing in the living room and walked upstairs to get ready for work.

"Are you just going to leave me here?" She shouted.

"Make yourself at home." I screamed back. She muttered incoherent words and I quickly took a bath and got dressed.

"Payton are you ready?" I asked.

"You finally called me by my first name and not madame president." She stated with a roll of her eyes.