chapter 6

My eyes were trained on the figure in front of me as he spoke. His eyes dilated each time a lie was sprouted from his lying lips. His posture was firm but his fingers twitched each time he spoke.

"It was pepperoni you ordered sir."

"I ordered cheese and you're gonna go get it before I murder you."

"Yes sir." He said quickly and ran off my porch. The nerve of these delivery personnel. Sighing loudly, I sat on my couch and lifted my laptop back to my leg.

I took what Payton told me into consideration seeing that she has no reason to lie. So of course I'll have to look into it. She stated that it's the red team that she believes is targeting her so Simon and Solomon were the only ones allowed in her room from today.

Staring at my laptop, I pressed play as the security cameras around the White House began playing. Payton was currently in her office while Simon and Solomon both stood at the door.

In the other cameras were Luis speaking to Ralph in what seemed to be a scared manner. Of course I couldn't hear what they were saying and that's what annoyed me the most.

Zooming the picture larger, I stared at their lips in hopes of reading what they were saying. Little parts of their conversation registered and most had to do with that trip to Dubai. I knew Luis was up to something and it's only a matter of time before I figure it out.

Grabbing my phone and dialing Payton, I looked at the screen where she was visible and saw her stare at the phone and smiled curtly before answering.

"Hello, the president speaking." She said with a small laugh.

"Hi madame President. I'm taking you to the airport myself. Do not tell anyone. Simply go to your room, get your things and I'll be there shortly."

"What? Why the sudden change?"

"You ask too many questions. Do what I say." The moment I said that a dramatic eye roll was received.

"And I can see that eye roll."

"Are you stalking me?"

"Call it what you want." I hung up before she could've react.

She simply got up and Simon and Solomon followed her to her room. When i saw that the door was closed, I went upstairs and gathered my stuff before leaving the house.

While walking out the door, the pizza delivery guy came back. "I hope you got it right this time."

"I did." He said and gave me that box.

Nodding my head, I proceeded to my car and placed everything in the back seat including that pizza box.

In about 15 minutes I arrived at the White House. Waltzing out of my car, I walked to the door where black team all stood.

"How are you today Maxwell?" One asked. I didn't know his face so apparently he was new but it's obvious he knew me. Giving him a raise of hand to show I'm okay I walked directly to Ralph's head quarters.

Four other agents were sitting around him while he spoke. "Ralph, we need to talk." I stared at the four men so that they know I mean get out.

They all stood and left the room while Ralph smiled widely at me. "Maxwell and to what do I owe the pleasure."

"How many of your men are on the Dubai trip tonight?"

"Well it will be Luis, Santiago and Bruce."

"Why Luis? He is scared of planes." I stated.

"Yes but he stated that he wants to change certain things about himself including that aspect."