10

The car was silent as I drove to one destination I knew that no one knows about. Simon and Solomon haven't said a word since we dropped their mother off at the hospital. They contacted their sister to let her know and the conversation was sad and I knew they felt the worst hurt right now.

Losing a parent is never easy. I knew exactly how they felt in this moment and that's a pain I'll never wish on even my worst enemy.

"Does anyone want to stop for something to eat?" I asked.

"No I'm good." They all replied. I gave a sturdy head nod and continued driving. I glanced at Payton as she laid her head on the car window. I knew she was exhausted so I drove faster so that everyone can get some rest and the twin can have time to mourn.

Pulling up at the old apartment my parents used for their business meetings when I was a kid, I shook Payton awake but she simply turned and closed her eyes again.

"Get the bags and I'll place this one inside." I told them both as I lifted Payton into my arms and carried her inside. The apartment was small but it was a great hideout. I knew one day I will need this apartment so every year, I resigned the lease.

Opening the door, I walked to one of the bedrooms and placed her on the bed. Taking her shoes off, I tucked her under the covers and walked outside.

"Okay. You two can use the next room. Payton and I will use this one." I said while pointing to the rooms. They gave a head nod and walked away into the direction of the room. I decided to stay awake for a while and hatch a plan. I knew that the president being MIA will soon be on the news so I was not worried about getting word out. What I was worried about was the fact that I couldn't trust anyone in the White House. I had a grave thought to just fire everyone and get that over with but I'm sure there are a lot of innocent men working there who had no idea what's going on.

Sighing out loud, I took my shoes off and sat on the couch. Grabbing a sketch pad from the table and a pencil, I began planning. I drew this building and then I drew the White House. I am not an artist and these drawings were simply boxes.

By tomorrow this altercation will be on the news. Most likely the FBI will be on the case. If that's the case then I'm in luck because I have a few friends in the bureau that can help me out. Once the FBI takes the case, finding out who was in on the plan will be easy. Which gives me an advantage as to who I need to kill.

"That has to be the worst drawings I have ever seen."

I spun around and faced Payton as she watched the sketch that I had laid out on the table.

"This is greater than DaVinci. I am an artist by birth." I mocked.

"Sure DaVinci." She laughed and sat on the opposite side of the couch.

"What are you doing up?"

"I have no idea honestly." She laughed lightly and I smiled.

"Everytime you smile, you see how feminine you really are. It's a beautiful smile." Her lips curved slightly up and I watched her intently.

"So you're saying that I'm only beautiful as a female?"

"I never once uttered something like that. That's quite the accusation there." She laughed.

"Sure. So then what do you mean?"

"I mean you're beautiful as a whole but your smile makes you more feminine. I love your masculinity." She said clearer.

"Thanks I guess."

"You're welcome. Now what's all these stick drawings about."

"I'm trying to orchestra a plan to get you to a safe house. I need to know who to trust first." I said with a sigh and dropped the pencil.