21

A/n.... So as you realize it's coming down to the end of this book. Quite frankly I was going to end it with Maxwell being dead but I didn't want that to happen again. So we have maybe five chapters remaining which I will be completing this week hopefully. I know I haven't updated any of my books in a year or more but I'm suffering with depression and I can't get out of it. I am however here to try and finish my ongoing books. After this book is finished and masking mentality. I will not be uploading any new books till I'm out of this depression.

Anywho enough about me. Continue liking and commenting, I love yall🖤

Staring at the man, whose name I have yet to remember, talk about how much he admires Payton's strength as a President, I noticed how close he was getting as he began walking towards her.

"I don't want to be rude, but you take one more step and I might, no, I will, murder you." I said as calmly as I can while staring at the man in front of me.

Raising his hands with a small chuckle to show surrender, he gave Payton a curt nod and turned away.

"Maxwell, check this out," Tina called as I walked towards her. She was currently staring at a huge computer screen as a decoder was visible.

"This is a facial recognition screen. We're trying to pinpoint where Emmanuel was at the time but he is quite elusive," she gave a dry chuckle. I nod in understanding as she continued talking. "However, we did find his daughter. Now we are federal agents so therefore our team members cannot go in and kidnap this little girl, albeit that we're not gonna hurt her. However, you and Simon can." She stated while watching us. I turned to Simon and he shrugged to show that he was open for anything.

Nodding at her, I turned to Payton and gave her a meek smile. "Are you ready for this?" I asked her quietly.

"Can I negate?" She sighed and turned slightly away.

"You can, but then they will find you and kill everyone." I said with a sarcastic tone.

"Sarcasm doesn't look good on you." She stated with an eye roll.

"Well I felt like I looked rather dashing," I smirked.

"Wow." She laughed and grabbed hold of my hand.

"I love you," I told her seriously. "I also want to kiss you so badly." I sighed and walked closer to her.

"What's stopping you?" She whispered and took steps closer to meet me.

"A room full of federal agents that knows nothing about our relationship." I sighed and brought a hand down my face.

"Do you care what they think?" She whispered dangerously close to my ear as she fixed my shirt collar.

"Well not really but," I started.

"Well good," she finished and then brought her lips to mine and we quickly fell into a slow, mild kiss.

Breaking away from what felt like eternity kissing her, I turned around to spot Tina looking at us with wide-eyes and an ajar mouth.

"I had no, I mean I sort of knew but I had no idea, Oh my God," She rambled and I laughed while grabbing Payton by her waist and holding her to the side of me.